Barrel cooling methods? Chamber Chiller Pro vs The Original Barrel Cooler

That look petty neat and simple too!
Since photo I shortened tube to about 6". 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID tube fit my lapua chamber perfect. And replaced 2ah battery with 4ah battery. 4 ah is good for couple hours shooting. Batteries are expensive but blower only $39.

I use an air mattress blower (like the one in #35 above), with a piece of plastic hose that attaches to the back of a cheap generic one size fits all MTM bore guide (the black one with yellow tip). I fit the plastic hose into the back of the MTM bore guide and wrapped it with electrical tape to secure it. The bore guide fits into the action, and when I turn the blower on, you can really feel the heat coming out of the barrel if you hold your hand in front of the muzzle. The air blower comes with several different fittings to allow for an assortment of hose sizes. Total cost around $40, and works really well.

Last edited:
If you order a second set of "fittings" for the one I posted, you can use the remaining hose, I think mine was 25' and make a coil inside your ice chest for chilled air. Just make sure that you leave the intake end exposed to ambient air to prevent sucking up any water and ruining the "pump"

I bought a mattress inflation pump and put a washing machine hose on the end of it. I cut the male end of the hose off and it fits well into the back of the action. It moves a lot of air and cools quickly. I like it for load development days. Saves a lot of time