What do these groups mean???

Thanks for the discssion so far. I have shot it at 350 yards with similar results so I guess it might be the best it can do. I had a friend shoot it who typically shoots better than me and his results were the same.

One thing that this barrel does is copper foul something fierce. I've called the barrel manufacturer and they said if it continues after another 100 rounds, they'll replace it.

Thanks for the discssion so far. I have shot it at 350 yards with similar results so I guess it might be the best it can do. I had a friend shoot it who typically shoots better than me and his results were the same.

One thing that this barrel does is copper foul something fierce. I've called the barrel manufacturer and they said if it continues after another 100 rounds, they'll replace it.

Who's your barrel maker?

Tank

Let me clarify what I meant with the 5 to 10 shot groups I always wait 10 to 20 minutes between shots. I never let the Barrel heat up much at all. So I agree with allan to an extent. I am not a big 3 shot grouper, I shoot 5 shot groups and 10 if I am trying to figure out a problem and 5 does not seem to be enough info. Also the longer range is a great idea..

I think its great when a guy like Kirby Allen who is a busy man , takes the time to write a post like he does. I would take his and only his advise and move on.
Mike

I shoot .223 10 shots groups with maybe 20 - 30 seconds in between, with .308 I don't go pass 5, in .270 I don't go pass 3 shots since the barrel is getting hot to touch on the 5th shot, I guess in .338 3 shots would be the max, since I never owned one in .338 I wouldn't know :rolleyes:

i heard from a couple of very experienced big 338 shooters say to keep the bullets off the lands at least .050. it will just give you better results than seating close to the lands. tried it in my 338's and they did shoot a little better.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts