Do all .30cal bullet?

arkie

To keep things simple, is there a decent priced bullet in the 150-168gr range that I can load for both the wife's AR10 and a savage 110 30/06? I would like to keep it at least narrowed down to one bullet that can be ran in both for hunting that is accurate yet a good price point (oxymoron).

I would shy away from a soft point if one is an AR. They tend not to shoot as well as a HP or Tipped bullets in the semi. I would say 165-168grs is a sweet spot for both. That should narrow it down a little.

Accubonds are polymer tipped, wouldn't they work? Partitions are lead tipped, would stay away from them.

Ahhh see, info I didn't have about soft points, yes it is a 308. That savage shoots soft nose exceptionally well. That rifle is stupid accurate in a flimsy factory stock and shoots under 1/2" at qoo with factory stuff.

Both the 30/06 and the 308 were built around a 150 grain bullet. they will shoot other bullets but for what you want the bolt or the ar 10 will do well with any good 150 grain bullet. If the bolt gun is a stagger feed
the polymer tipped and hollow points will work. I have found out over the years that hollow point bullets are great for targets but some are very explosive and I don't recommend them for hunting.

The 150 grain Accubond is my first choice for your use.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

I shot a 30-06 for a long time and really enjoyed the Nosler Ballistic Sliver Tips in the 150gr. Killed several white tails, Prior to that I shot 150gr CoreLoks, but they are soft lead tipped. Maybe look at the Berger's, they are a popular round

Graf & sons - hornady 155 gr 30 cal fmj's .21 ea, run them in my 308 & 06's for cheap practice and have shot deer with them, no elk, and found the results much the same as the vld's on the body cavities, small in small out, jelly in the middle, hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.