Ultimate do all hunting scope

I haven't had to use a service request form on a Vortex, so I guess my luck is better than average. I will just keep working with that....thanks.

In 2014 I was fully content with the 3.5-15 NXS. I also had a S&B.

My eyes are getting worse every time i have an eye appointment.
So today it's ZCO for heavier rifles and Tangent Theta 315 for my carry rifles.
Both scope are like i had cataract surgery compared to other scopes.

I still like the scopes from last decade, but my eyes today just can't see through them like they used to.

Your premises allows me to speculate. I am sitting here wearing plastic eye glasses that allow me to see better than I can without them. Also I have a rifle with a carbon fiber barrel which is lighter than a comparable diameter steel barrel.

With that stated I suggest the ultimate scope has a carbon fiber tube and all internal lenses made of optical quality plastic. Exterior lenses would be glass because of their hardness. 0cular lens could be about 40mm for a large field of view. Objective lens needs to be about 56mm for great low light performance. Clicks in the turrets would be like a Nightforce or March. (I owned both and they're excellent.) Magnification range, at least for me would be about 3 1/2-30X. Tube diameter of 30mm to allow lots ot turret travel.

Hunting scope means SFP to me. I have a few FFPs and the reticles are worthless under 15X. They are my range rig scopes.

I just went through this do all hunting scope challenge and settled on the VX5HD 2-10X42 firedot, and 3-15X56 firedot. Glass is punching way above it's paygrade. The FOV are huge and combined with the firedot uncluttered reticle I am ready for a surprise at 10yds and watch bullet trace at 600. The VX5 and VX6 have the same glass. VX6 has the anti-cant level warning and Alumina scope caps. I just buy the scope caps for the VX5 line.

Lance will definitely get you hooked on premium glass that's for sure . One look thru some of his scopes and your done. Thanks for letting me take a peek . My 280ai build is coming along . I did change direction from the rem 700 action to a kelbys nanook . It should be in next month. I might need some help with stock and exactly what scope to run . I think I looked thru your zco. Next to my atacr on my 7-08 it was such a difference to bad I run moa.
ZCO makes an MOA reticle...
So does Tangent Theta...

I have seen optics sent back to Vortex. They were always replaced with something that did not break again.

A few others have mentioned them. The Lpold VX5 3-15 and 4-20 with fire dot are really nice and a reasonable cost. Their size fits a hunting rifle nicely.

I have seen optics sent back to Vortex. They were always replaced with something that did not break again.
I've had at least one Vortex three-peat scope return that I can think of off hand.
Also have a rangefinder from them that is headed back for at least it's 3rd trip as we speak.
There IS a reason why Vortex has its own memes and punchlines.

Which is sad as I love to support veteran owned businesses when they offer a quality product.

I was asking the same question last fall, ended up with the S&B PMII US. Pictured on my LA Terminus Zeus in 300 PRC, Proof 1:9t sendero profile (for bell fitment reference).
20230515_190909~2.jpg

Recent Posts