My Ideal Montana do-all Rifle

Troutslayer2

I wanted to take my .280AI to the next level so I looked no further than Snowy Mtn. Rifles which is in my hometown. It started off life as a custom .280AI built on a Remington action and I remains a 280AI. I am really pleased with how it came out aesthetically and hope to put some rounds through it soon.

Proof Sendero Light 22" with removable Snowy Mtn muzzle break and threaded cap.
Trigger Tech
Cerakote Black and FDE
McMillan "Tactical Hunter" I think, it's an older stock
Trued bedded etc...
March 2.5-25 (love this scope)
3B6DA60E-E9C2-4A47-99CA-330291ECEF9E.jpeg
5FECC2B6-47DF-4DD4-B3C5-15D97CC09835.jpeg
98CD1CDC-318F-4411-AB2D-638D7DF74436.jpeg
AC7B6BC3-1AAD-4DF3-B637-DF56298947BD.jpeg

Just under 9 pounds scoped and empty. For me, the ideal compromise between packability and performance. Hoping to get it to shoot 168 grain pills at 2800+ and we will just have to wait and see on that.

Wow. Nice!! I wanted to do the same thing with what was a custom .257 Roberts. I wanted a sender lite but after so many months of can't get on I put a 22" lila #4 fluted on it. My weight is a bit lighter but not much. Interested in how you make out with the speeds and accuracy. I am getting ragged hole three shot groups with rl-26 and 150 LRAB's. I have two nodes but the lighter one seems most accurate. Wish it would stop raining long enough to shoot for drops and get a velocity number. Also want to test them to see which carries that accuracy from 500...I have a Zeiss c4 and the extra magnification sure helps shot better. That March will really zoom...

I just got my 280ai done. Very similar. I also did the 22" Proof Sendero light. Pot a small PK on it. Mine is a win 70 action so sock availability is poor. I decided not to pay $750 for a McMillan Game Warden and went with a Boyd's laminated. Mine came in about a pound heavier than yours. Have not decided on a scope yet. Hoping to get out and shoot it in the next few days.

Yours looks great. I figured the same as you when I started the process. Do all 700y hunting rifle.

I have a model 70 as well think my stock was from mpi maybe? I'll have to look it up. It is a nice slim package but the cheek area of the stock is noisy hollow sounding. I put a neoprene wrap on it. I also played with different scopes. I had a nightforce 3-10, vx6 2-12 fire dot but they lacked magnification and refined aiming respectively. March is out of reach for me. Really liking the Zeiss so far...

I just did a .270 Win for my do all hunting rifle...Rem 700 action, Christensen barrel in a Manners MCS-T carbon fiber stock to match my .243 Ackley.

Pre Christensen barrel...
151503.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.