Dicks/Field and Stream no longer selling AR15s or guns to under 21

Bigeclipse

I thought many here would want to know the following. Dicks sporting goods and Field and Streams will no longer sell "assault rifles" and will also no longer sell guns to anyone under 21. Personally, I do think some forms of gun control should be looked into (similar to hunters safety, we should require shooters safety/training etc.) but banning certain forms of weapons I highly disagree with. I could see a Walmart or other similar store pulling this move but for Field and Streams to do it is just eye opening to the world we are now living in. When will it stop? For example, let's say the nation bans these semi-auto rifles (even the hunting style one such as mini-14s) what will happen when the next mass shooting involves a bolt action rifle, or a lever action, or a pump action or semi-auto pistols? If this child in Florida did the shooting with a pump action shotgun what would the news be saying? Ban all rifles/shotguns/pistols? Whether your views are for no gun control or some form of control as I stated above...we should all be doing something because I believe we are now headed down a slippery slope here. The antis are rallying big time and now are getting Big brand name stores to follow suit. I honestly do not know what we can do but I for one will not spend another dollar at a Dicks/Field and stream which really stinks because they are the only big box hunting stores left near my house.

I've only been to one Dicks ever, but it didn't even have AR's and their hunting/shooting gear was overpriced and slim in supply anyway.

I see lawsuits coming their way via Age Discrimination.

I do not do business with Dick's or Academy's either, the selection is about as good as Wal-Mart. If I want a rifle, it is as easy to order and have it shipped to a FFL to receive. All the companies that are beginning to push the NRA out will begin feeling the heat as well, Delta being the first to begin feeling it.. Screw them all that want to trample on our Second Amendment rights.

I called them today and told them I will not go into one of their stores due to their recent actions. The phone girl told me they are getting lots of calls like mine. I am delighted.
Did you call the local store number or some sort of Dick's customer service type line? Good to know others are calling. I'll do the same!

Physical retail stores are slowly being put out of business anyway because of Amazon. They can not really afford to loose any business and they think they will gain a few more customers from the anti gun crow by this action than they will loose from us.

But the fact is this is a half a**ed move that will only hurt them. Anyone who would by a gun at all that is aware of this will not go there, and the anti gun crowd will not be satisfied with half way.

Dick's quit selling AR's in 2012. So the CEO is going all over main stream media acting like they just did it. Gives them plenty of free ad time. At least they named the store right.

Dick's quit selling AR's in 2012. So the CEO is going all over main stream media acting like they just did it. Gives them plenty of free ad time. At least they named the store right.
True but now they are removing it from their FIeld and stream stores they purchased 2 years ago.

Did you call the local store number or some sort of Dick's customer service type line? Good to know others are calling. I'll do the same!
Just got off the phone with our local store and the national hub, I hope everyone who reads this thread does the same.

Now that I have a Class III FFL/SOT that is 5 minutes down the road from me, I don't think I'll be buying a gun from a store again. Online prices are cheaper, and no hassle. Buy online, ship to my FFL, pick it up when it comes in. Much easier.

Also, I didn't know they ever sold "assault rifles"... Never saw any big box store selling "assault weapons", just semi-autos. ;)

Quick update
I called Field and Stream to tell them about my disappointment and the gal I spoke with took my name and told me they are recording every complaint and sending it directly to Dicks management.. So let em hear it!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.