Field and Stream

I've never cared for entering anything in B&C, and never will. I also don't care what F&S thinks. I care about the game being harvested cleanly and food on the table. period. What's not fair is some bow hunters thinking its Ok to have a 50% kill rate. I feel that a lot of people rely too much on gear, but that's up to them.

I told yall that all the gun publications have now been infiltrated by the liberal agenda and the Dems and Brady administration. And they were gonna try to destroy us from all directions one group of special interest hunters at a time. But I'm the crazy one..... :D

Petzal is a hell of a writer. He has loads of experience and he expresses his opinion. He is far from being liberal or left. I think some of you guys need to read for content....He asked questions and wanted to get response from posters. I have read articles where he praises the hunter who practices like crazy to make long shots, but states that wind can be your enemy. I know the kid in the video has way more experience than me, look who is dad is..... long range is the new craze. It does look easy, but petzal and others aren't haters, I think they want to see hunters learn from experience. ...not I paid x amount for this rig and I'm entitled to take pop shots at 1 thousand plus at game

Mr. Petzal doesn't have to hunt with me, and I don't need his permission or his blessing to do what I love. The only deer I have lost so far was one I hit through the lungs full broadside at 60 (that's right sixty, not six hundred or 1600) yards, with a shotgun slug (restricted area, no rifles allowed- see what happens?) yards. The buck was able to run far enough for another hunter just over the hill to shoot him again and claim him. He hit him so sloppily, I wanted no part of the resulting mess, so I just congratulated him and walked away. The point is, short range is no guarantee of success, nor is long range necessarily high risk. Everything I've hit with a centerfire rifle has fallen down dead. Period. No offence to you bow/muzzleloader/shotgun guys. I say we are all hunters, regardless of our preferred method.

look who is dad is.

And that's what's surprising about this video. Has anyone asked Aaron why he posted the video with his company taking the lead on manufacturing a product that is marketed to "calculate your ballistic solution for any shooting condition."

The first shot missed by a significant margin.

Why did Aaron post this video?

You can shoot the messenger of the questions all you want. I believe they are fair questions for a manufacturer marketing a product as the smartest rangefinder in the world!

Petzal is a hell of a writer. He has loads of experience and he expresses his opinion. He is far from being liberal or left. I think some of you guys need to read for content....He asked questions and wanted to get response from posters. I have read articles where he praises the hunter who practices like crazy to make long shots, but states that wind can be your enemy. I know the kid in the video has way more experience than me, look who is dad is..... long range is the new craze. It does look easy, but petzal and others aren't haters, I think they want to see hunters learn from experience. ...not I paid x amount for this rig and I'm entitled to take pop shots at 1 thousand plus at game
Did you read the last sentence of the article?

It is an outright condemnation of long range hunters.

Well that's upsetting...I feel like to each their own. I respect guys who can get within 25 yards of an animal and dispatch it, while I respect the guy who has practiced, knows his equipment, tuned his equipment, and calculated its perfomance down to the half mil. Each is very respectable in their own way. I will not be buying F&S anytime soon, since I'm the equivalent of a 13 year old who got a "new app."

Also, after reading this article I have the sudden urge to go out and buy a .338 lapua with a nice USO or NF. Keep the insults coming, I feel like it will only make this community stronger.

What a jackass. Someone should invite him out to their thousand yard range, hand him a rifle and say "git'r done boy".

When he spends two or three days trying to get hit he might understand the challenge and why it is still very much "fair chase" to take game at long range.

Trying to explain logic to morons is like teaching underwater basket weaving...

Also, after reading this article I have the sudden urge to go out and buy a .338 lapua with a nice USO or NF. Keep the insults coming, I feel like it will only make this community stronger.

You know there's better calibers out there, right? LOL

But I agree.... If I had the cash I'd be decking all mine out with new NF's or March scopes. :D

Did you read the last sentence of the article?

It is an outright condemnation of long range hunters.

Yep! Jeff (BROZ) is on top of this on B&C's FB page.

Attachments

• a9cc6155-f27f-4013-830a-373fa278ce92_zps44fa0f82[1].jpg
    a9cc6155-f27f-4013-830a-373fa278ce92_zps44fa0f82[1].jpg
    15 KB · Views: 80
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.