Dicks/Field and Stream no longer selling AR15s or guns to under 21

The best way to hurt them is to spend your money elsewhere!
Bottom line...Starve them out! Closed stores get their attention!
Let me recommend Buds! Their prices are better anyway!

I just called the corporate line and told them my thoughts as well. The phone rep also said all calls are being recorded. I made sure to let them know I will never shop their stores again. He thanked me for my input and was very nice.

At one time we had a high end sporting goods store called Oshmans, that grew to over 200 stores. after getting well established, they started playing games with prices and trying to put other business out of business. (This was before everything had to be "PC"). They started treating customers like it was a privilege to shop in there stores.

Interestingly, They are no longer in business. The customer has the last word and if people get jerked around they will go somewhere else. I still like to hold something in my hand before I buy it, But with the Internet
stores have to work much harder to keep their customer base.

Because of overhead cost stores have to offer better customer service to survive and competitive prices. I will pay a little more to local stores if treated right and save a little in shipping when the prices are close.

If a company/store makes a conscious decision to change policy and it is good they will thrive. If it was not a good decision. Time will tell.

J E CUSTOM

They announced the same thing after Sandy Hook. I understand they are now doing it in Field and Stream stores as well. But I still see this as a way to get more media attention. I have Sportsman's Warehouse and Scheels just as close as Dick's and their selection and prices are far superior. And if I want to drive an extra 20 minutes, I can be at Cabela's. Dick's lost my business after the first announcement, but I'm afraid it wasn't much of a loss to them. It sure wasn't a loss to me.

Why call? Just vote with your wallet.
To let them know how people really feel.

It may cause them to rethink since they shouldn't be involved in politics to begin with. They are there to make a profit.

At least it will tell them why their sales have dropped (if they do).

I've heard several rabid anti-gunners say they were going to make a purchase just to support their decision.

I've been in there store 5 or 6 times and I only found one thing, one time that I was looking for. Left the store empty handed all the other trip in their store.

Their selection suck, so I quit going some time ago...but I'm going to call them today.

They won't know your never going back in their stires if you don't tell them!

I'm going to remind them....

The 2nd ammendment is the only ammendment that protect all the rest!

I get this feeling this is a lot like the "bake the cake" issue. If they don't want to sell black rifles, they don't want to. Take your business elsewhere and move on. Be honest, how many of you were really going into Field and Stream stores to buy black rifles? Probably none. Bake the cake...I mean sell the black rifle you bigot!

To me the best case of what happens when Political correctness is use to make a decision instead of what is right and respectable to most people
is the NFLs decision to disrespect the flag and the anthem.

Ticket Sales went way down and television viewers dropped dramatically
I for one gave up on the NFL and no longer watch or support anything they are associated with. I know it means little to them but It does to me.

Besides, I now have more time to shoot. :)

J E CUSTOM

Dick's phone number;
1877-846-9997 press 5 when the recording starts.

Also noticed their stock has dropped 1.03% today...

I can understand that they can quit selling any style of rifle they want. That's fine, I simply take my wallet to a store that will.

However, when they choose to disallow sales based on age, I think they have crossed the discrimination line.

What if they chose to not sell rifles to blacks, women, or jews?

Discrimination based on age is protected as well.

Where is the ACLU?

I can understand that they can quit selling any style of rifle they want. That's fine, I simply take my wallet to a store that will.

However, when they choose to disallow sales based on age, I think they have crossed the discrimination line.

What if they chose to not sell rifles to blacks, women, or jews?

Discrimination based on age is protected as well.

Where is the ACLU?

I think you should be able to discriminate against anyone for any reason, and suffer the market based consequences. They're making a market solution to what THEY perceive is the issue at hand. They're not correct, but at least they are going about it in a free market way instead of lobbying the government to get involved. I personally applaud them for that.

I've only bought 1 gun from a big box store, and it was when Gander Mountain first opened up in Opelika, AL... I went to look around, and low-and-behold, they actually had a brand new Glock 31C sitting behind the glass, and it was a good price (I think $549), so I bought it. Other than that, I've never bought any other firearm from a big box store.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.