Longer gun cases?

Big Sky

SPONSOR
I need to ship a rifle that has a 30" barrel, it makes for a rather long gun overall. I'm having a heckuva time finding a hard plastic case big enough to ship it in. Does anyone have a good resource for relatively cheap hard plastic gun cases for shipping rifles that are on the long side?

Do a search on here for long cases there's a thread somewhere on long cases. I don't know if gun case and extra long have anything in common with cheap though. I hunt with XP-100 pistol's and in order to have a case to accomadate the longer than normal barrel I had to buy a break down shotgun case and it was a cheap $175.00 dollars. Of course for the price of custom gun's that's cheap and I wouldn't want to ship it to and from my gunsmith in a cheap case. Try the Case Place for some great prices I paid less for case and shipping than just the case in most places. By the way I bought the Storm , liked it more than the Pelican's

Kevin

I need to ship a rifle that has a 30" barrel, it makes for a rather long gun overall. I'm having a heckuva time finding a hard plastic case big enough to ship it in. Does anyone have a good resource for relatively cheap hard plastic gun cases for shipping rifles that are on the long side?

Just pull barreled action out of stock and ship it in hard case. Wrap the action / trigger area in bubble wrap and place bubble wrap around crown of barrel. They will both fit in one of the 15.00 hard cases.....

That is the way I got my first 243 AI and the way I shipped it to MagMan when he bought it. Works just fine. And is cheaper !

Big Sky, be sure to wrap both halves in plenty of bubble wrap. The cheap cases don't seem to keep things from rattling around.

cinch, I have sent and received a lot of stuff between here and Ft. Shaw and it was alway in the elcheapo cases. Not to say he doesn't use an aluminum case for the really big stuff though.

Magman, That may be so. I just know that Guardforce makes a larger sized case and that is what Kirby suggested for shipping my 375AM with.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.