Caribou/7mag/162 Amax?

As per Hornady rep, 7mm amax is indefinitely suspend. 6mm amaxes would start production in april.

Rep said (LoL) 7mm aren't popular. I was shock be this.... she said few folks have called requesting info..

So folks start calling, let your voice be heard

I've got 2 boxes each of the 6mm and the 7mm. I use them sparingly until production is back. I will call Hornady and let them know that there of those of us who use the Amax exclusively. The more we call, the better off we'll be. Never could get a Berger to shoot in my 7 mag.

As per Hornady rep, 7mm amax is indefinitely suspend. 6mm amaxes would start production in april.

Rep said (LoL) 7mm aren't popular. I was shock be this.... she said few folks have called requesting info..

So folks start calling, let your voice be heard

7mm's aren't popular??? What the frack was that witch babling about??? She obviously doesn't have a clue... Also, according to my smith (who talks with Hornady on a regular & first name basis), they have been comissioned by Odumber and his cronies...ahem, administration...to make the DOD billions of rounds of ammo, so apparantly they're now being controlled by the Dems. Hate to see a good company turn bad. Guess I won't be buying anything Hornady again.

7mm's aren't popular??? What the frack was that witch babling about??? She obviously doesn't have a clue... Also, according to my smith (who talks with Hornady on a regular & first name basis), they have been comissioned by Odumber and his cronies...ahem, administration...to make the DOD billions of rounds of ammo, so apparantly they're now being controlled by the Dems. Hate to see a good company turn bad. Guess I won't be buying anything Hornady again.
It's still the same family owned business it always has been. If they got a gov't contract it's just business not a political statement.

I've been talking to the guys at hornady off and on now for thirty plus years so I sincerely doubt there's anyone there who leans left of center in any way.

I have used them on antelope and they were devastating! Shot head on at about 134 yards. I know the goat is smaller, but I don't see a problem with Caribou.

Attachments

• 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 97
It's still the same family owned business it always has been. If they got a gov't contract it's just business not a political statement.

I've been talking to the guys at hornady off and on now for thirty plus years so I sincerely doubt there's anyone there who leans left of center in any way.
Yes, it is business. However, with their main concern of pumping out rounds for Odumber, you can bet that the gov't will find a way to make sure thier contract is first priority, so they get less and less product produced for us.

Same reason the gov't shut down the Lake City plant...

Caribou are not that tough to kill. I killed mine at 100 and 394 yards with a 150 gr. Scirocco out of a 7 mag. They are about like shooting a big whitetail. Both were shot behind the shoulder and both dropped dead within less than 10 yards. I think the Interbond would be my choice in the Hornady offering.

Dirty Steve

I killed whitetails between 600-700 yds with complete past thru's, not much left inside though. It will shoot thru a 5 inch pine tree at a 1/2 mile with no problem. Certainly it should kill a caribou with ease!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.