Caffeine versus Accuracy?

Don't want to be a snob, but come on I don't think mixing alcohol and firearms should be advocated.
No, it shouldn't, and is mostly outlawed. Be surprised at the competitive shooters that will have one an hour before a match though. Two is worse than none. Used to be really common, will get you DQ'd everywhere I know of now. Doping for runners and football players used to be normal too. Times are different now.

My experience is that keep to your normal caffeination schedule when doing serious shooting.

The normal fine tremors from caffeine are nothing compared to the withdrawal tremors one gets when skipping the morning coffee!

I agree totally !
If I didn't have my coffee in the morning and at lunch time. The last thing I would be thinking about is shooting. The first thing would be , GETTING A CUP OF COFFEE !
The headache I get from lack of caffeine is intolerable !

I agree totally !
If I didn't have my coffee in the morning and at lunch time. The last thing I would be thinking about is shooting. The first thing would be , GETTING A CUP OF COFFEE !
The headache I get from lack of caffeine is intolerable !

Dang, those headaches hit like migranes without coffee

So I am a coffee snob and really like strong flavorful coffee BUT dang it! Shooting after a couple cups is like trying to hold crosshairs in 50mph crosswind! How does caffeine affect your ability to shoot ELR? I am now finding even caffeine in soft drinks are affecting me more now than ever the older I got.
8-10 cups a day.....everyday....never noticed a difference. 40 years! Everyone reacts differently to different stimuli

I do tend to agree on the stance of don't mix alcohol with gunpowder.
I know too many people that should have a Permanente sign attached to them that reads. Instant ******* , just add alcohol.

However, I'm not into telling a responsible citizen what they can or can't responsibly do.

For me, late teens; now in my late 50s.
I am 67 now will be 68 July 7th sometimes zero sleep but most of the time 4-5 hours tops and if I am not asleep within 20 minutes of going to bed I get back up. I hate tossing and turning. No more reading in bed either find it keeps me awake. read in my chair and soon get drowsy then go to bed.

I am 67 now will be 68 July 7th sometimes zero sleep but most of the time 4-5 hours tops and if I am not asleep within 20 minutes of going to bed I get back up. I hate tossing and turning. No more reading in bed either find it keeps me awake. read in my chair and soon get drowsy then go to bed.

"IF" you read what I read, you'll fall asleep fast. :D

20190616_143356.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts