Caffeine versus Accuracy?

So I am a coffee snob and really like strong flavorful coffee BUT dang it! Shooting after a couple cups is like trying to hold crosshairs in 50mph crosswind! How does caffeine affect your ability to shoot ELR? I am now finding even caffeine in soft drinks are affecting me more now than ever the older I got.
More coffee please! No effect except that finishing a string makes me reach for the thermos.

Was out yesterday gathering up trigger time. Shooting rocks ( my favorite thing to do ) at 550yds. Doing pretty good, the lead deposits seemed to be growing out towards me. Then I started missing. After a few shots, I realized I was slapping the trigger. Think my coffee had finally kicked in. Maybe something to that no coffee on range day. Still, I gotta have my eyes open to see the target !

I read a long time ago that for competition shooting, it is recommended to not have caffiene in your system. So, I tried it, and my groups improved. Now, I don't drink coffee before I hunt. That said, I'm not a hard core addict like most coffee drinkers, so I can skip it without getting headaches.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.