Caffeine versus Accuracy?

About to start a new thread on the basics of "Range Etiquette" and how not to be that guy at the range! Sorry to stray from the topic brother.

That's OK, but back to the topic, logic would dictate that anything that contributes to an elevated heart rate woul affect long range accuracy. We've all read the stories about breaking the trigger between heart beats and I think there is merit in the argument. I just don't think (at the 350-400yd ranges) I'm dealing with it really matters so I'll continue to indulge.

I used to be able to refrain from the jitter juice on a day I knew I'd be shooting. Then while doing load development; I'd fire one round, eject, and count to sixty with my head down before popping another in.

Now, I can maybe squeeze in twenty minutes during lunch break to pop off a dozen rounds. So I've been at work, pounding Mountain Dew, I just scarfed down a couple sandwiches and hoofed my target out into the field and gave her hell.

My group's have declined a commensurate amount...

I like to drink a few road beers on the way to the range to counter act the coffee affects! Nothing like some Coors light pumping thru your veins (only if the mountains are blue) to lay down some nasty little groups. It also helps u to tolerate all the ******* at the range!
We call those "group tighteners"
Very effective

Man maybe I should try laying off the old liquid dick stiffeners. I always drink an energy drink while heading to the range. Drink them while hunting also.
Maybe I should try and switch it up a bit.
It's fine just load up a little harder on bipod and little more cheek pressure on rear bag, u can counteract it! Lol

I like my coffee black and strong (about 3X than the average Joe). Caffeine has no effect on me as far as shaking or keeping awake, it does however keeps me regular. :cool:

It seems to have a calming effect on me, I can drink a stout cup of coffee before bedtime without problem falling asleep. I remember my late Dad doing the same.

I like my coffee black and strong (about 3X than the average Joe). Caffeine has no effect on me as far as shaking or keeping awake, it does however keeps me regular. :cool:

It seems to have a calming effect on me, I can drink a stout cup of coffee before bedtime without problem falling asleep. I remember my late Dad doing the same.
Dang that is serious. I try to drink a couple Coors before bed to help me sleep and if the Misses is feeling frisky snort a blue pill or two!

Ditto, same here. I can drink a cup and sleep like a baby. In the mornings (4:30), soon after I finish the first cup, I'm looking for some reading material and heading toward the "reading room". I'll be walking on tip toes and clinching if I tarry.
That's healthy (I guess) but dang it, during deer season I have to get up a little earlier, drink my coffee, grab a shooting magazine or reloading manual, something, and go do my business before I head out. If I don't I'll have to find a comfortable tree to prop up on when I get there! I hate crapping in the woods! :\

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.