• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Buyer Beware-New Seller Alert

I don't really want to be part of a dumpster fire, BUT sometimes threads like this are better than buyer feedback....it gives you a chance to see how people react emotionally. There have been a lot of posts lately that even with good feedback I might hesitate. Smiley face since my emoji buttons not working..
No truer words have been said

While better, still not a certainty you aren't dealing with some miscreant who is in it to steal from others, regardless who they are. BTDT and been burned more than once as a result. Luckily, regardless of payment method, I've ALWAYS been able to get my personal bank to help recover my funds. It's just a PITA to deal with.

How was your bank able to help recover funds if you wrote a personal check? Mine says no can help. If the recipient is a fraudster can they claw your money back?

Good luck with PayPal. I bought some things that were supposed to be silver and they weren't. I disputed with PayPal, explained the circumstances and after several months, they ruled in their favor. Good luck.

Just curious, since you suspect he is a thief or a potential one, did you notify law enforcement to his address and phone #? Since the transaction from your end was completed and he based this on false pretense, laws were broken.

Just curious, since you suspect he is a thief or a potential one, did you notify law enforcement to his address and phone #? Since the transaction from your end was completed and he based this on false pretense, laws were broken.

They will tell you it's a civil matter and wish you luck. I went to the local PD about something similar and was told that. Luckily the scammer has been arrested and charged and his bank accounts frozen/impounded. I will eventually be made whole.

You come on here to warn people about a scammer but won't listen to anyone on why you should have known it was a scammer and say you'll do it again???

The guy had just joined that day and had 2 posts total. Strike one!

He was selling a brand new $1800 scope for $600 and didn't post pictures with his user name and the listing date. Strike two!

He was posting his Ad in the Optics Section instead of the Classifieds to circumvent the minimum post rule. Strike three, you're out!!

I reported him to the admins that day.
He did post pics.
I used PayPal.. because I was protected
I got my $ back
I posted on here to warn others
I am not the victim.
I posted to help others.
I have no problem with having minimums to sell/ trade. And agree with such a requirement.
Buying should not require a minimum.

SORRY, BUT HAVE TO YELL.....

POST HIS NAME, for Pete's sake.
I already did ... go through the pages it's been posted... no user name available as his original post was removed after I made the purchase .

I've read all four pages of this dumpster fire so far. You said you don't want anyone to lecture you but yet you enable this behavior on this forum by entertaining this guys scam. A NXS for $600 and an acog for $200. If either of these were true, it's either stolen or a scam. You should have simply tagged a mod that this is a scam. Then you carry on about how he used the $600 to buy a benelli, and that "he did not care about that NF Scope". Everything thing this guy has said to you is a lie. The fact that you tout your markup knowledge and working for the same company for 37 years hasn't taught you anything as you fell for a SCAM that any blind man could see.
You use obviously scanned over the 4 pages and did not really read my OP
Understand I got my $ back and knew I would if it went bad and avoided being scammed and posted on here to avoid others from being scammed. I found out what he did with the $ by my conversation. The $200 ACOG offer was after the purchase and was my warning to contact Trijicon with the SN
Again... posted to warn others.
Oh and I have many purchases in my life at 33 pct of msrp.

I just read all posts and realized my glass of bourbon is empty and wasted 10 minutes of my evening. I was expecting to hear about a bad experience with a seller, not a bad decision to buy something that was too good to be true. Don't need the warning on that.
Yes I too learned not to come back on to help others to warn of a seller that may show up here again with a $1200 "hot" NF scope and $900 "Hot" ACOG.
Go filler up again!