• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Buyer Beware-New Seller Alert

We appreciate you telling us about the scammer.

that price is a flat out blatant scam, gotta learn from it
If the same deal came up again from another... I would do it again and handle it the same way I did...
Folks... my post was to help others about one particular person. Not "to be taught".
If the deal is too good to believe... ask questions and I advise to use PayPal for non gun and ammo purchases.

NF NXS for $600 🚩🚩🚩
Even if I won something in raffle I would post it for 80% the going rate not 30%.... that alone is just screaming stay away
It's what thieves do. They move it as fast as possible. The lower price sells fast. In this guys case with PayPal and other electronic payment methods, people make quick decisions and lose. That's what he's counting on.

oooh. oooohhhh pick me *wildly flailing arms*. pick me

do i fall in the shady character category? lol.

Post was to warn others ...At age 60, I am certainly not here for a lecture.
As I stated... used PayPal for a reason ...
I was not going to lose my $ either way.
I am also in sales for same company for 37 years and I know the markup ... my accounts are 100K+ annually up to 1.7m annually. I know the markup on goods and so while $600 seems questionable to some it's really not in my world.
Plus he said right up front he needed the cash. And supposedly won the scope in a shoot. Enuff said !
What has happened to this site, 24 and 25 posts for both of these gentlemen respectively and 0 trader history for both, one of them sounds like MudRunner and the other like GerryBaker what a way to get started here, SMH
200.gif

What has happened to this site, 24 and 25 posts for both of these gentlemen respectively and 0 trader history for both, one of them sounds like MudRunner and the other like GerryBaker what a way to get started here, SMH
View attachment 246148

which one do i fall under?

i'm happy go lucky most of the time. it's a lot funner being that than a stuck up arse with a chip on the shoulder.

and FWIW, i should be getting my first trader feedback in the next week as i'm waiting on the money order for the dies i purchased gets to the gentleman

I'm so use to dealing with good, honest people on most forums I use that it's tough sometimes to come across a seller that intends on screwing me on an item. It's happened to me before on Accurate Shooter but that's been years ago. I mostly deal with seasoned members with lots of feedback and most that I've dealt with in the past. There's always an exception to that rule but I've been fortunate to have great results. Feedback does mean everything tho. If sellers and buyers get feedback on sales or purchases, it flat out means they buy and sell honestly. That's 99% of the concern here. There's always that 1% that someone goes bad. Probably less than 1%. It's a number I'm comfortable with. Side story... I purchased a gun chest off Craigslist a couple weeks ago. (It's like a cedar chest that sits at the foot of my bed and has a 6 gun horizontal rack in the bottom). Sent the guy a message asking if he took PayPal. So use to sending PayPal F&F that after he said yes, I almost pulled that trigger. Instead I caught myself realizing I don't know this guy, don't know his address, don't know his phone number, haven't talked to him. He didn't solicit me, I solicited him but I was still a bit paranoid. Would have been just as easy to tell him I'm headed his way and to send me his address. I wound up asking for his cell number and called him, got his address and researched it all. Paid using PayPal and picked up the item a week later. My point is, I started into this like he was good to go ready to send money. All I can say is, catch yourself before committing to send money with no info on an individual. These forums allow for us to get this info. If none is available, don't pull the trigger. At least call and speak to them , get an address and see if it exists and is attached to that individual. It's not rocket science but we all fall into complacency

which one do i fall under?

i'm happy go lucky most of the time. it's a lot funner being that than a stuck up arse with a chip on the shoulder.

and FWIW, i should be getting my first trader feedback in the next week as i'm waiting on the money order for the dies i purchased gets to the gentleman
Good Deal

View attachment 246148
Except I have been a member much longer then the other and did not join LRH to flap my gums... and barter. Joined to read and learn.
Wise up !

I'm so use to dealing with good, honest people on most forums I use that it's tough sometimes to come across a seller that intends on screwing me on an item. It's happened to me before on Accurate Shooter but that's been years ago. I mostly deal with seasoned members with lots of feedback and most that I've dealt with in the past. There's always an exception to that rule but I've been fortunate to have great results. Feedback does mean everything tho. If sellers and buyers get feedback on sales or purchases, it flat out means they buy and sell honestly. That's 99% of the concern here. There's always that 1% that someone goes bad. Probably less than 1%. It's a number I'm comfortable with. Side story... I purchased a gun chest off Craigslist a couple weeks ago. (It's like a cedar chest that sits at the foot of my bed and has a 6 gun horizontal rack in the bottom). Sent the guy a message asking if he took PayPal. So use to sending PayPal F&F that after he said yes, I almost pulled that trigger. Instead I caught myself realizing I don't know this guy, don't know his address, don't know his phone number, haven't talked to him. He didn't solicit me, I solicited him but I was still a bit paranoid. Would have been just as easy to tell him I'm headed his way and to send me his address. I wound up asking for his cell number and called him, got his address and researched it all. Paid using PayPal and picked up the item a week later. My point is, I started into this like he was good to go ready to send money. All I can say is, catch yourself before committing to send money with no info on an individual. These forum allow for us to get this info. If none is available, don't pull the trigger. At least call and speak to them , get an address and see if it exists and is attached to that individual. It's not rocket science but we all fall into complacency
I'm much the same, whether buy or selling I always provide my address and phone number even though I think 80% of the folks here already know it

Except I have been a member much longer then the other and did not join LRH to flap my gums... and barter. Joined to read and learn.
Wise up !
And once again 25 posts total and your still flapping your gums with your chest puffed out, no matter how long you've been here nobody knows you, so you might wanna wise up just a smidgen yourself, No offense intended

Post was to warn others ...At age 60, I am certainly not here for a lecture.
As I stated... used PayPal for a reason ...
I was not going to lose my $ either way.
I am also in sales for same company for 37 years and I know the markup ... my accounts are 100K+ annually up to 1.7m annually. I know the markup on goods and so while $600 seems questionable to some it's really not in my world.
Plus he said right up front he needed the cash. And supposedly won the scope in a shoot. Enuff said !
Sorry it came across as a lecture, just trying to help others out too. Have a good one!

Wise up !
Take this for what it is, just advice. Today more than ever, you will not have other members trust with zero feedback. You can be a member for 20 years but it won't help. People need to know you buy and spend and are reliable and honest doing it. That's what makes people comfortable in sending funds. I made that mistake once and it cost me some cash. Never will it happen again. He had zero feedback but had 7 years on the forum. Turned out he never posted any threads or responded on it other than selling items when he did. Then he took advantage of many members at that point. They all looked at his time on the forum and figured he's "Good to go". He wasn't.

Ok ... 2 things here that have seemed to be lost and suggest you go back to the OP before you sound off.
1.) PayPal offers buyer protection and protects both buyer and seller. If he would not have taken it.. I would not have made the purchase. So even at $600.., though questionable there are many out there that win things and could care less about what they are worth.They just want the $.
This kid is a young punk!

2.) I got all my $ back. I have many friends in SLC. My point of posting is to warn others in case he comes back to the trough.
Question if you do friends on PayPal is that bad I know it saves money but may not be worth it.
I always ask for phone number and actual address before I do business
I once drove from ny to Georgia to straighten a deal out but I got my money back it was 3K

Recent Posts