• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Buyer Beware-New Seller Alert

Question if you do friends on PayPal is that bad I know it saves money but may not be worth it.
I always ask for phone number and actual address before I do business
I once drove from ny to Georgia to straighten a deal out but I got my money back it was 3K
If you do PayPal goods and services, it's 100% protected. You'll pay around 3% for that protection but it's the only way to get piece of mind in these scenarios. You'll lose 3% of the purchase of the transaction goes bad. Pretty inexpensive insurance. Friends and family is not insured.

If you do PayPal goods and services, it's 100% protected. You'll pay around 3% for that protection but it's the only way to get piece of mind in these scenarios. You'll lose 3% of the purchase of the transaction goes bad. Pretty inexpensive insurance. Friends and family is not insured.
Ok thank you for information

I have said it before, but I believe the rule for minimum posting before being able to access the classifieds is way too low. I would hate to see this forum turn into a Craig's List. Buying and selling items should be secondary to sharing information. Just my opinion and will probably express it again down the road.

New member joined last Friday.. listed a NF NSX on here for $600.
Said he won in a Shoot raffle. He took my PayPal so knew I was protected.
Anyway he is no good, so stay away.
He did finally refund the $ when I called him.
But does not have the scope in his possession. He just takes pics at local sports store and then posts on here for sale. Tried to sell me an ACOG for $200.
PM for details if you wish.
You come on here to warn people about a scammer but won't listen to anyone on why you should have known it was a scammer and say you'll do it again???

The guy had just joined that day and had 2 posts total. Strike one!

He was selling a brand new $1800 scope for $600 and didn't post pictures with his user name and the listing date. Strike two!

He was posting his Ad in the Optics Section instead of the Classifieds to circumvent the minimum post rule. Strike three, you're out!!

I reported him to the admins that day.

Last edited:
Think you got your pct age turned around.
He did not care about the NF scope.
Said he won it... I think he planned to steal it or have someone steal for him.
He already took the $600 and used it to buy a new Benelli shotgun or so he said. Either way he sent my $ back. I gave Trijicon the SN from the pic he sent me of the NEW ACOG so they could track down where it went.
I've read all four pages of this dumpster fire so far. You said you don't want anyone to lecture you but yet you enable this behavior on this forum by entertaining this guys scam. A NXS for $600 and an acog for $200. If either of these were true, it's either stolen or a scam. You should have simply tagged a mod that this is a scam. Then you carry on about how he used the $600 to buy a benelli, and that "he did not care about that NF Scope". Everything thing this guy has said to you is a lie. The fact that you tout your markup knowledge and working for the same company for 37 years hasn't taught you anything as you fell for a SCAM that any blind man could see.

Everything so my name would not show up in this dumpster fire anymore.
I'm Dead

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

I didn't say you couldn't use PayPal to purchase just that they won't help settle any issues related to guns
I don't know how many issues that RHR customers have had with PP, but I expect if it was THAT bad that RHR wouldn't do business through them. I did business with them recently, but outside of eBay it's about the only time I have used PP for gun related items.

If I cannot talk to them...I don't send anything
While better, still not a certainty you aren't dealing with some miscreant who is in it to steal from others, regardless who they are. BTDT and been burned more than once as a result. Luckily, regardless of payment method, I've ALWAYS been able to get my personal bank to help recover my funds. It's just a PITA to deal with.

I don't really want to be part of a dumpster fire, BUT sometimes threads like this are better than buyer feedback....it gives you a chance to see how people react emotionally. There have been a lot of posts lately that even with good feedback I might hesitate. Smiley face since my emoji buttons not working..