• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Buyer Beware-New Seller Alert

With the current affairs we are experiencing, caution in dealing with fairly new sellers is important. Noticed several newbies join, once their minimum is accomplished all they do is sell items with no productive input. Like L. Sherm, I don't do PayPal or any other electronic method. "Caveat Emptor"

Ok ... 2 things here that have seemed to be lost and suggest you go back to the OP before you sound off.
1.) PayPal offers buyer protection and protects both buyer and seller. If he would not have taken it.. I would not have made the purchase. So even at $600.., though questionable there are many out there that win things and could care less about what they are worth.They just want the $.
This kid is a young punk!

2.) I got all my $ back. I have many friends in SLC. My point of posting is to warn others in case he comes back to the trough.

NF NXS for $600 🚩🚩🚩
Even if I won something in raffle I would post it for 80% off the going rate not 30%.... that alone is just screaming stay away
Think you got your pct age turned around.
He did not care about the NF scope.
Said he won it... I think he planned to steal it or have someone steal for him.
He already took the $600 and used it to buy a new Benelli shotgun or so he said. Either way he sent my $ back. I gave Trijicon the SN from the pic he sent me of the NEW ACOG so they could track down where it went.

Think you got your pct age turned around.
He did not care about the NF scope.
Said he won it... I think he planned to steal it or have someone steal for him.
He already took the $600 and used it to buy a new Benelli shotgun or so he said. Either way he sent my $ back. I gave Trijicon the SN from the pic he sent me of the NEW ACOG so they could track down where it went.
Typo... I was typing and edited what I was saying forgot to erase "off" that made it say something totally different.

@E73bass i understand what you mean "he didn't care for the scope" but he definitely cares about the money. I would have a hard time believing someone selling something for $600 with them knowing it would cost around $1700 new. He could post it for $1200 and have no problem selling it within hours, I don't think anyone would just "give up" an additional $600. Just my opinion....

@E73bass i understand what you mean "he didn't care for the scope" but he definitely cares about the money. I would have a hard time believing someone selling something for $600 with them knowing it would cost around $1700 new. He could post it for $1200 and have no problem selling it within hours, I don't think anyone would just "give up" an additional $600. Just my opinion....
His post started off "looking for a quick sale" need the $.
He got one.
Me
I got my $ back.
Pretty sure he is trying to unload "Hot" goods or quite possibly soon to be "Hot" goods!

his text trail is amusing following the sale.

What have we all heard all our life "If it's too good to be true it probably is"

I've bought and sold a lot, some here and some on another forum. I've never been burned. I've bought a few things at really discounted prices but when that happens I will usually ask more questions, do a little more homework and if I ever feel that something is off I bail, which I've done a couple times. By and large firearm guy are some of the nicest and most honest people I've dealt with. That being said, you still got to pay attention And use some common sense.

I'm glad you got your money back. Sounded like it was pretty iffy.

What have we all heard all our life "If it's too good to be true it probably is"

I've bought and sold a lot, some here and some on another forum. I've never been burned. I've bought a few things at really discounted prices but when that happens I will usually ask more questions, do a little more homework and if I ever feel that something is off I bail, which I've done a couple times. By and large firearm guy are some of the nicest and most honest people I've dealt with. That being said, you still got to pay attention And use some common sense.

I'm glad you got your money back. Sounded like it was pretty iffy.
Post was to warn others ...At age 60, I am certainly not here for a lecture.
As I stated... used PayPal for a reason ...
I was not going to lose my $ either way.
I am also in sales for same company for 37 years and I know the markup ... my accounts are 100K+ annually up to 1.7m annually. I know the markup on goods and so while $600 seems questionable to some it's really not in my world.
Plus he said right up front he needed the cash. And supposedly won the scope in a shoot. Enuff said !