• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Buyer Beware-New Seller Alert

5 pages still no name?
Obviously you skimmed over page 1
Why didn't you quote #2 as you did #64, so there's no question about it?

REECE DERMEELER.JPG

He did post pics. WITHOUT his username or a date of posting. Hard to do that if your taking pics of a scope in a store.
I used PayPal.. because I was protected No you aren't. Mention RIFLE scope to PayPal and see how you do.
I got my $ back You said the scammer refunded your money. You got extremely lucky!
I posted on here to warn others Yet you won't heed others' warnings.
I am not the victim. You were. Your assailant let you off the hook.
I posted to help others. And said you'll be a victim again.
I have no problem with having minimums to sell/ trade. And agree with such a requirement. Yet you ignored someone that was blatantly working around those safety checks.
Buying should not require a minimum. Agree to disagree.
Done with this post. Good luck on your next purchase!

Yes I too learned not to come back on to help others to warn of a seller that may show up here again with a $1200 "hot" NF scope and $900 "Hot" ACOG.
Go filler up again!
Ok not my circus not my monkeys but:
In your first post you started with "New member joined last Friday" THAT is your one and only warning you are about to do something you shouldn't! You do not need to warn anyone that values their money to avoid a new member selling anything at ludicrous prices. Some people have common sense and well...

Last edited:
They will tell you it's a civil matter and wish you luck. I went to the local PD about something similar and was told that. Luckily the scammer has been arrested and charged and his bank accounts frozen/impounded. I will eventually be made whole.
Not here. It is wire fraud and other, and if was across state lines, a federal matter.

I've never had any issues buying gun related items using PP so I can't speak to their refusal to co-operate if one has a problem with such a purchase. If it was that much of a concern you'd expect them to not want to do business at all with places like RHR. At least with PP there is less likelihood of your CC info getting compromised than if you had used your CC direct.They are like everything else; some swear by them and some swear at them. It's one of the few gun business places that I've done business with that accepts PP. FWIW I am NOT an avid proponent of PP; I see them as a necessary evil. The one time I had an issue with a transaction they did get my money back.

Last edited:
I've never had any issues buying gun related items using PP so I can't speak to their refusal to co-operate if one has a problem with such a purchase. If it was that much of a concern you'd expect them to not want to do business at all with places like RHR. At least with PP there is less likelihood of your CC info getting compromised than if you had used your CC direct.They are like everything else; some swear by them and some swear at them.
I hope you don't have any trouble but I'm gonna bet you will, I did eventually

I just read all posts and realized my glass of bourbon is empty and wasted 10 minutes of my evening. I was expecting to hear about a bad experience with a seller, not a bad decision to buy something that was too good to be true. Don't need the warning on that.
Any time spent with any activity is not "wasted" as long as your bourbon glass has some remaining.....now there may be more enjoyable pursuits, but (sadly) I have been entertained by this thread.