Bolt won't close on new Rem 700 300 RUM.....

NO ONE in their right mind removes a barrel to install a brake these days! cohunt seems to have 'invented' the "if the barrel was removed to thread barrel", and it has followed through this entire thread without any evidence or statement by the OP that the barrel was removed and then re-installed. Total speculation, like 2 pages of this thread, speculation, guessing without having eyes on. Get a grip guys! Rem threads are 1 1/16th with 16 threads per inch. a 1/16th of an inch is .0625". 1/8th of that , meaning 1/8th turn of the barrel is .0078 thousands of an inch. You could NOT over torque a barrel by 1/16th of a turn! It is damned hard to change the head space just by using different torque when installing. I repeat, get a grip, guys! This used to be a site where real information was exchanged.

No **** Right? The bubba factor on here is getting ridiculous ! It's a *** Remington mag with extractor issues, it is a common prob with these factory actions that is the info the OP needs. Now he has to go spend more money on the *** to get it right, should have ignored the bubbas in the first places and skipped the factory rifle.

Send it to someone and have a sako or M16 style extractor installed. The stock rem ext sucks beyond belief.
That's exactly what my 300 RUM did right before an antelope hunt. Had to go to my backup gun. Put an M16 extractor in it after hunt. Good to go. (Two Remington replacement extractors I tried, failed to extract. Wasted $

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts