Best 7mm out there now

However, the 28 Nosler is hard to beat ballistic wise. Slightly under 19 MOA to 1000 w/ 180 hybrid, 1800ft elevation, approx 40 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 34
I've been out of the game since before my wife passed away. So now I'm wanting to get me a varmint rifle, since I have my .375 Ruger for deer and such :D

Have they made a .284-378 yet? Lol

I think everyone really missed [the mark] and meant to say that the best is a 30-06. I say that because i had one once. :)

BUT, I love the 7mm round. Mine don't seem to run as fast as most mentioned in this thread. That's ok. I guess being "older" does that to things.

I have a 7mm-08 pushing a 140 TSX at 2675fps. I have a new Ridgeline FFT (22" barrel) 7mm Rem Mag pushing a 150 TTSX at 2940fps. Both grouping at 1/2-3/4" at 100 yards. I really like them.. A Lot.

Been shooting 7mm Rem Mag since early 90's. May try the 7PRC one day... maybe.

Have fun picking. Have fun shooting when you get it.

Last edited:
Is anyone making good 7 STW brass now? My Winchester Stach is depleted and I am working off of PMC 300 Weatherby Weatherby which is tough as steel. Remington and Nosler have been too soft.
Bertram has done decent 7stw brass, but it's a bit small for my chamber so I've had to do a sub shoulder on it to keep it in 1 piece. Hornady has done runs of 7stw brass but I haven't seen any lately. It looks like quality is in the game too. I'm not sure on that one. I'm not seeing much for sale at present with a quick peek on the likely sites.

Nosler does a run or has Norma do it once/year. I was told they are doing it here now but can't confirm. I have mixed blem packaging that's at least a year old and all brass is identical.

Last edited:
Nosler 7 STW brass lasts one firing with the pressures I run, even though the primer was very tight going in. No use in running a 7 STW if you can achieve the same velocity with a 28" 7 Rem Mag.

AGD is making some very tough brass, and make a 7 Practical or 7 mashburn and use Winchester/Lapua brass with a lot more work involved.