Best 6.5 creedmoor hunting rifle for deer

6pakzak

Looking to get a nice deer hunting rifle, since I reload for 6.5 I would stick with that but I'm looking for something under or right around 500.00, so what have you guys used and what would you recommend in that price range, obviously looking for accuracy above all, my 6.5 shoots great but weighs close to 12 pounds and I'll have to do some walking and going through brush where I'm at.

Tikka T3x is your easy button. but it'll cost ya just a bit more. 650 ish for a blued model. Bit more for stainless. Absolutely fine shooters and the slickest actions you'll find from factory. Totally worth the money. Tons of guys buying em just for the actions to do nice builds. But their barrels are super.

You know what Tikka is actually what's on my brain, got 22 and 17hmr Tikka, best bolt action 22 I ever had, had cz455, Tikka kicks it's ***, had savage thumbhole stainless 17, rpr 17, got Tikka now, kicks their asses, not getting rid of them, I was thinking Ruger American but kinda hate the stock, trying to save a little, we'll see.

The American looks to be pretty accurate, stock seems flimsy, they are a little over 500.00 around here, was looking at axis 2 also, can get them for a lot less, but is it as accurate as American, that's why I'm looking for your experiences, maybe there's something else that shines in this price range.

So that's it, American and used browning, I think for the price of the American that maybe the Tikka would be my pick cause it's not that much more if I can get one for 650.00, probably the most I want spend.

This is a pretty good buy.

Attachments

• F9458006-C257-4CEC-A980-5EA7B8E55ADE.png
    F9458006-C257-4CEC-A980-5EA7B8E55ADE.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 159
Savage....any model that fits your price range or under. We bought four TC Compass....they all suck butt and only shoot 1.5" with a lot of load testing, trigger springs, and bedded actions. Biggest waste of $225 I ever spent on a gun.

Funny you say that, got a mec press, wasn't happy with some things about it, called mec, they told me to send back to vendor which would be pain in my ***, wrote a review here, called again few days later and they sent a new press no questions asked, when I looked up MEC vs rebel my post came up, wonder if they read it.

With the internet and social media being what it is in 2022. I'd be surprised if any company dares to put out trash anymore. Bad news travels fast.
Yes and no and it has to be super hard for them to deal with the internet info spreading true and false info. I see even on just this forum people bash and just flat refuse to accept maybe they just got a bad one. I have many people who I know who will vehemently disagree with me if I like or dislike something. I won't buy a lot of things new from many different companies. Some I will buy the heck out of old used or new used ones only if I know how well it works.

Savage....any model that fits your price range or under. We bought four TC Compass....they all suck butt and only shoot 1.5" with a lot of load testing, trigger springs, and bedded actions. Biggest waste of $225 I ever spent on a gun.
My sons TC Compass is the opposite, shoots 143s, 147s, and 129 Interbonds sub moa. I do like the Savage recommendation, hard to beat for the money.