6.5 creedmoor load for coyotes and ocasional deer

Elkwonder

I have a legendary arms 6.5 creedmoor in route that will be my coyote gun. I need to start trying to pin down a load and get some components ordered. I will also use it occasionally to take a whitetail so I don't want a strictly varmint type load. I would like a load that will reach out to 1000 yards. What would be a good round that will do damage, but not look like a bomb went of on the coyotes side. Im not sure exactly what weight will be best for my needs. I was originally thinking something in the 125 range so that I could get a little extra speed, but i know long distance will be better with heavier weights. The barrel will be 24 inches long and have a 1 in 8 twist if that helps.....thanks

I just use 140 amax's for everything....

IMG_2559_zpsxofyltp7.jpg

H4350 if you have it. 140 or 143 High BC bullet. There are 5k to choose from lol. My 24" AR runs 2850.

143 ELDX Blew through coyotes like FMJ's. Good if collecting hide. Bad for the yote. Had to do secondary dispatch. Coyotes I'd stick to VMax but since you said deer I'd look to SST's.

140 eld-m or 143 eld-x with RL-17. Im getting 2875 with a 26in barrel and the 143 eld-x..... havent had a chance to kill anything with this load yet but I imagine it will be nasty on yotes and deer. I have 500 of the 140 eld-m but i haven't had a chance to play with them yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.