Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:

• 50 per pack

Votes: 162 12.1%
  • 100 per pack

Votes: 1,174 87.9%

• Total voters
Would it be possible to give us some details on this new bullet?

The new Berger 338 cal 250 gr Elite Hunter is precisely the same on the outside as the 338 cal 250 gr Hybrid OTM Tactical. The difference is the jacket thickness and more precisely where the jacket thickness difference is located.

We are working through some testing but our expectation is that this bullet will have none of the higher velocity performance issues of the Gen 1 bullets but it will have the terminal performance of the Gen 1 bullet.

We are very excited to be able to offer a truly effective and quickly lethal hunting bullet for the 338 cal hunters. It took some bumps and bruises to get this sorted out but I'm confident that we've got this one right.

Regards,
Eric

The new Berger 338 cal 250 gr Elite Hunter is precisely the same on the outside as the 338 cal 250 gr Hybrid OTM Tactical. The difference is the jacket thickness and more precisely where the jacket thickness difference is located.

We are working through some testing but our expectation is that this bullet will have none of the higher velocity performance issues of the Gen 1 bullets but it will have the terminal performance of the Gen 1 bullet.

We are very excited to be able to offer a truly effective and quickly lethal hunting bullet for the 338 cal hunters. It took some bumps and bruises to get this sorted out but I'm confident that we've got this one right.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric.....I know the specs are proprietary but I like the sound of the tapered jacket. I'm quite sure you thickened up the base and kept the nose fairly thin:D.....Rich

Shhhhh. Your not wrong. The key is precisely where and how much but you've got a bead on the concept. Now keep this between you and I, ok. :)

Regards,
Eric

We are waiting for some more of the test results to come in to confirm what we have already observed. We've made our resellers aware of this bullet and are accepting orders now. If we discover anything wrong before the larger run is produced we will let those who've ordered know (along with everyone else in various ways.)

Regards,
Eric

I m looking for a tangent ogive shape ammunition ...can any1 tell me which berger ammunition suits my configuration.

What I think would be very cool is if Berger would sell boxes of 25 for the guy that wants to test out a different weight or design
But other than that keep the 100 per box

A variety pack would be great for testing new weights in bullets. Other then that I like 100 or even 250 or 500ct boxes. When I buy I try to at least buy 2 or 300 of the same lot#. Would really like to see a 250 or 500ct box for sale.

What I think would be very cool is if Berger would sell boxes of 25 for the guy that wants to test out a different weight or design
But other than that keep the 100 per box
i like this ideal. a lot of times you buy a box and they dont shoot well and your stuck with like 50 or 60 bullets left with nothing to do with them. i have a box of 6.5 140 vlds thats had 55 orso left in it that i have been shooting out of a sling shot :cool: 25 count would be great for load working.

So after all this talk I was wondering if there was any plan on making some 500 or 1000 packages?

Booney,

This is listed on post #142 of this thread:

I am pleased to announce that we are ready to launch our Hunting bullets in packs of 500 count. The following is a list of the bullet, part number and retail price if you buy them directly from Berger. These bullets are either in stock now or will be in the next week or so.

This is a new development prompted entirely by the feedback we received from this thread. We are getting the word out to our resellers but this will take time. I mention this because you will likely find that the price for these bullets is cheaper through one of our authorized resellers than from us directly.

I will also add that the price listed for these bullets will not change in 2012. Since it is so late in the year we applied our 2012 pricing to these bullets so there will be no change in 2012.

Thank you again for all of your feedback. Even though I may not post as much as I'd like to I am still watching these discussions and regard them as important to our ability to understand what the shooters want.

Regards,
Eric

24758 - 6MM 105 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $179.40
25753 - 25 CAL 115 GR MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $205.43
26753 - 6.5MM 130 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $232.18
26754 - 6.5MM 140 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $233.26
28751 - 7MM 168 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $247.61
28752 - 7MM 180 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $255.78
30750 - 30 CAL 168 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $241.38
30753 - 30 CAL 185 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $255.78
30754 - 30 CAL 190 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $256.10
30757 - 30 CAL 210 GRAIN MATCH HUNTING VLD 500PK - $275.15

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts