Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:

• 50 per pack

Votes: 162 12.1%
  • 100 per pack

Votes: 1,174 87.9%

• Total voters
My most recent purchase was 500 of the 140gr "Hunting" VLDs for one of my 6.5 WSM rifles. I bought them as soon as I could find them. I like to buy several hundred of the same lot because it seems by the time I find the load I want to shoot at game I only have a few left.

By the way I sure would like to hear that some 80 gr .224 target VLDs were on the way. I have been waiting patiently. What has it been 10 months?

My advice to Berger would be to start to meet demand.

I have run out of 180gn 7mm Hybrid target bullets and will now be using the Sierra 180gn SMK.
Same goes for my Berger Elite Hunter projectiles. Once they are gone they will be replaced by an alternative.

Don't think I will be going back to Berger unless they have reliable supplies.

In this boom market, I find it hard to believe that Berger is not working at 110% capacity to keep up with demand, it is easy to be critical when you can't find the exact bullet you want when you want it, but at some point in this whole shortage, every different brand and style has been hard to find for awhile, not just Berger! We all have to buckle down and wait awhile if we didn't have a good supply before or are able to find them right away. It might suck that Berger isn't working through the night to supply you with the exact bullet you use, but I am sure they are doing all they can!
This market shortage doesn't mean i'm going to quit using Alliant powder or CCI primers, Federal bulk .22 ammo or Magpul AR mags just because I can't find them on the shelf in every feed store and gunshop around anymore... Patience is key!

I would think most of us can do the math when dividing by 100 or 50. I would think that if guys are buying Berger bullets they would be at least reasonably seasoned reloaders because they are not the cheapest and they don't have 'cool' plastic tips on them. I would suppose that Hornady and Nosler would have the better part of the 'new guy' market because they are such aggressive marketers. I have used Nosler bullets in the past and found them to be overpriced. When ever I look at Nosler bullets in the catalog and their price, I always wonder if that little ' trick' they play with the 50 per box trick works for some people. Having said all that, 50 bullets doesn't get you very far if you are a serious reolader. I would stick with 100 in a box.

who cares what the count is if cant get the product. new 250 grainers would be in early fall. still on back order. should have asked what year. like my gun stock. 14-16 week. now its 5 + months later. paid for it in full 1st week dec. still in last stage of completion . go figure

The number of bullets in the box wasn't the issue, nor the price. It was the waiting for a couple months for them to arrive (out of stock-backordered) from my usual suppliers. But I prefer the big box (1000 count) now that they are in again...

Anyone hear a rumor that berger bullets sold out to Remington or federal? I have been hearing this rumor around the local gun shops & fellow hunter's. I hope this is just a bad rumor!!! My opinion is if this is true it will only bring down the quality that berger produces.

The number of bullets in the box wasn't the issue, nor the price. It was the waiting for a couple months for them to arrive (out of stock-backordered) from my usual suppliers. But I prefer the big box (1000 count) now that they are in again...

+1 We have been shooting the 230's out of my buddy's ultra and liked them, just ran out before we finished fine tuning. Can't find them any where! I wanted to try the 215's can't find those ether. Its getting old. We shoot a lot and its frustrating to not be able to do as much as we want!!! So 500, 1000 boxes are nice to talk about but they can make all the boxes they want, we cant shoot box's. We need bullets in those box's and available to buy. I like berger and don't want to shoot anything else! So berger PLEASE make this happen.

While developing loads I like the 50 round box so I am not stuck with 80 or 90 bullets that the rifle does not like.

Once I find "The" bullet I will try to find 2 or 300 bullets with the same batch Number. If I can't find
100 round boxes with the same batch numbers I go to the 500 round boxes.

NOTE: This is for hunting. for match shooting I want bulk (500 or 1000 to a box)

So I wish they would offer the 50, 100, 500 and 1000 round boxes.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts