7mm Bullet Advice Please

Hmm ok, 3200 out a 284 with a 140 is pretty hard running....I don't know of anyone running them at any if at all over 3K

best of luck to ya

side not the 139 Horn sp (not the boat tail) is incredibly easy to get to perk well, and it has a short bearing surface. My fire form load for my 7 MSM runs around 3150 to some lots 3200. I've used the load for 3 decades or so on elk on down from close to far. I can't complain about it's performance at all. Personally, I'd not worry about using them one bit.
The 1st time I used a Lab Radar it clocked 139 IB with 62.0 gn of RL-26 @ 3199 FPS. I started a thread asking about the accuracy of the units as I had my doubts. Accuracy was ok not great but it smacked the crap out of the deer I shot with it. So I bought more bullets.

You are most likely experiencing bullet fragmentation due to the high velocity impact with the light bullet. This leads to lack of penetration in some cases therefore slow kills.

The Partition will hold together better and most likely give you exit wound as well.

I'm not a fan of bonded bullets, in my experience they don't destroy vitals like Interlocks, partitions or other cup and core bullets.

Like @DJ Fergus mentioned, the 162gr Interlock and SST will do some serious damage. I prefer the 162gr SST.
With the 6mm 100gn Kills at close range (50yds) are instantaneous with no exit, At 300yd my results are mixed.

I am getting ready to start loading for a 280AI and have these bullets to try. I get 3200fps from my 284 Win and assume I will get the same or more from the 280AI. At 200-300yds I have shot Deer wit the IB at 3200fps and the IL at 2850fps and the IB performance was more impressive. I assume due to the increase in energy. I have used the Hornady Interlock 100gn in 6mm @ 3000fps with mixed results, it seems to explode at close range and is slow to expand at long range. I don't want to waste effort if 3200+ fps is to fast for the 139 Interlock.
Good choice in my opinion.

I'd try the partitions. I would start looking for accubond, tsx and ttsx as they might be easier to get to shoot well.

The interbond, like all bondeds, can have a wide mushroom, slowing penetration (or even causing path deviation with goofy exits, according to what Ive read, not personal experience fwiw).
Interlocks can shed a lot of weight. If you're afraid of that, beware. But quick kills are almost always assured with them.
The Partition is what so many hunters compare everything else to for a, or many, reason(s). Not too many have found the Partition insufficient for cleanly taking game.
I use interlocks in 243 win and 308. I use partitions in 338 win and one sons 308. Im on the 90 BT in my hunting 243, 100 gameking in 25-06 and Hawk 250 sp in 35 whelen. Also Hawk 300 sp in 375 h&h. And the 162 SST in 280ai because it is soft.
Im on to cast soft points in the 35 too. Kind of a time consuming poor mans partition: soft expanding nose and hard rear but they work. See, back to that comparison.
Read and experiment (I use gallon milk jugs filled with water) to learn what bullets do compared to other bullets. The jugs are available to me and consistent. I feel like they are a rough approximation of what I get from a bullet in game, based on experience, but they are no guarantee and no exact prediction. Game moves, turns and has bones and air voids. And game deserves a painless death, or as close as we can provide. Wound all the jugs you want. Heck, i shoot jugs with 223 fmj sometimes.

I have had excellent results using the Barnes 139 LRX! Ran them in my 7 saum, my dads 280 ackley, and several friends run the Barnes 7mm VOR-TX LR factory ammo. Farthest shot was just over 850 out of my SAUM. The function window is awesome on that bullet

What are you hunting? I've had good results with 154 grain interlocks in my 7RM and 7mm STW. I prefer heavier bullets in my Mags. I've recovered interlocks just under the offside hide on broadside lung sots on elk. I've never recovered any 180gr. Partitions in my .300 RUM.

The three bullets you mentioned cover the spectrum from explosive to highly penetrating bullets. In my mind which you want depends on where you like to shoot a deer and your confidence putting your bullet there. If you like the high shoulder shot, the Partition is the easy choice. If you like a heart/lungs shot (just behind the front shoulder), but you're not confident you won't hit the shoulder, the bonded bullet might be the best choice. If you're confident your bullet won't hit anything harder than a rib, the explosive bullet might be the best choice. Make sense?

I have been shooting 7mm 139gn Hornady Interlock out of my new rifle at a Lab Radar speed of 3200 fps. I am considering changing bullets.

My three choices are:

1. 139gn Hornady Interbond
2. 140gn Nosler Partition
3. Continue with the 139gn Hornady BTSP

Targets are Paper and WT Deer, distances up to 300yds (500yds if needed)

Please explain your choice.
The Partitions my Choice !! Good luck

I have shot the Federal Premium 150-grain Nosler Partitions exclusively for years in my 7mm RM and the 140-grain in a .270 Win. I have killed many whitetail deer with great results out to 260 yards with both rifles. It is very rare to get anything less than a full pass-through by a Partition in any caliber.

They tend not to group in tiny little clusters like other bullets, but in my experience accuracy is more than sufficient for my hunting ranges.