7mm hunting bullet advice

str8 shooter

Has anyone used bob cauterucio bullets for hunting? What kind of performance would you expect on an elk shoulder shot? The bc on their 189 gr is reported at .8+.

Looking for an elk bullet, kreiger 26" barrel, 1:9 twist.7mm stw, w excellent long range performance 1k?

The berger 180 vld .659 bc or berger hybrid .674.bc look like tried n true options.

Additionally would like advice on a second lead free elk load.

Looks like a conventional pick would be the banes 168 lrx bc .55.

Cutting edge bullets has an all copper 170gr at .610+bc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can speak to the lead free 7mm 150 grain E-Tips though we've never shot an elk with them. They are the most accurate bullet we've ever shot out of my brother's 7mm Rem Mag. The advertised BC is .496 a little lower than what you have listed. I've had trouble getting the .308 E-Tips to shoot but the 7mm in my own experience and numerous reports online have all shot lights out.

Me to- needing advice.Really need feedback about the cutting edge product.Call them , you be surprised with their suggestions.take care

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.