Anyone familiar with Bertram brass?

For those of you talking about the need to sort; you measured case volume and not just the weight of the brass I hope? Volume/capacity is what matters, but I also understand that is still debatable for some reason...;)

I would only weigh for interest sake for a hunting rifle, but would not a weight difference usually correspond to a difference in volume 😉

The 28 Nosler that was sent to me because they couldn't get it to shoot the same from 1 session to the next was because the Bertram brass sucked.
After I sorted and turned necks then it shot great. Out of 40 cases I was sent I got it down to 9 that I was happy with.

28 Nosler trimmed flashhole and primer pockets all done because they weren't very consistent. Full length sized and loaded up with 175 Berger's to just shy of 3200 and seems ok about 0.005" runout. Bolt opens good but definitely not Lapua or Norma brass (not 28 Nosler). Haven't found ADG up here in 🇨🇦 yet. And the Nosler is pricey up here as well for what you get. Not as tough and sticky bolt operation when pushed as hard as the Bertram! Haven't tried the Hornady yet so I don't know yet. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would only weigh for interest sake for a hunting rifle, but would not a weight difference usually correspond to a difference in volume 😉
If all your external dimensions are the same, then yes that weight of brass has to be taking up internal case volume.
But it is pretty easy for the weight to be in the extractor groove, if you start measuring them some cases are significantly different from each other.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.