Huskershooter6.5

Hey guys, so hoping to finally start the custom build this spring. Currently deciding between ag composites alpine hunter or manners eh1. My question is there a good way to figure out if I need an adjustable stock or not? If I went adjustable I’m leaning ag because it’s only 8oz more than the non adjustable. But obviously would like to save the weight if it’s not needed...

Bucklowery

All is going to depend on the size of your head and neck etc, as well as scope height and rings etc. you could use one of your current rifle set ups to help determine

Thanks

Buck

sierracharlie338

I prefer the flexibility of an adjustable comb. I don’t feel I get the stress free head position unless I find a miracle stock.

I have an adjustable alpine hunter inbound currently.

Last edited:

Huskershooter6.5

Seems hard not to go with the adjustable alpine hunter at only 8 oz more. My most recent setup was a leupold Vx3 6.5-20x50 with the lowest rings I could use on a Remington 700. I had to use a cheek pad with a little extra padding to get my eye in the right place.

sierracharlie338

Seems hard not to go with the adjustable alpine hunter at only 8 oz more. My most recent setup was a leupold Vx3 6.5-20x50 with the lowest rings I could use on a Remington 700. I had to use a cheek pad with a little extra padding to get my eye in the right place.
I agreed and wasn't trying to put my rifle on an anorexic diet for any reason.

Wedgy

Manners makes a carbon fiber cheek riser that weighs an ounce, as opposed to the normal EH-1A that adds over a pound.
mann.jpg

338 dude

LRH Team Member
I prefer the flexibility of an adjustable comb. I don’t feel I get the stress free head position unless I find a miracle stock.

I have an adjustable alpine hunter inbound currently.
I love an adjustable stock although they do add a little weight I currently have a manners EH1A

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.