Huskershooter6.5

Hey guys, so hoping to finally start the custom build this spring. Currently deciding between ag composites alpine hunter or manners eh1. My question is there a good way to figure out if I need an adjustable stock or not? If I went adjustable I'm leaning ag because it's only 8oz more than the non adjustable. But obviously would like to save the weight if it's not needed...

All is going to depend on the size of your head and neck etc, as well as scope height and rings etc. you could use one of your current rifle set ups to help determine

Thanks

Buck

I prefer the flexibility of an adjustable comb. I don't feel I get the stress free head position unless I find a miracle stock.

I have an adjustable alpine hunter inbound currently.

Last edited:
Seems hard not to go with the adjustable alpine hunter at only 8 oz more. My most recent setup was a leupold Vx3 6.5-20x50 with the lowest rings I could use on a Remington 700. I had to use a cheek pad with a little extra padding to get my eye in the right place.

Seems hard not to go with the adjustable alpine hunter at only 8 oz more. My most recent setup was a leupold Vx3 6.5-20x50 with the lowest rings I could use on a Remington 700. I had to use a cheek pad with a little extra padding to get my eye in the right place.
I agreed and wasn't trying to put my rifle on an anorexic diet for any reason.

Manners makes a carbon fiber cheek riser that weighs an ounce, as opposed to the normal EH-1A that adds over a pound.
mann.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.