Stock with adjustable cheek riser

clamb4

I have a howa 1500 stainless 7mm mag. It's custom the only thing factory is the receiver and bolt. And the receiver has been blue printed.
What I have been looking for is a hunting stock with an adj cheek rest. Really don't want a stock that looks like it's better suited for bench rest.
Haven't been able to find one. Or someone who could install an adjustable in a stock.

The Bradley and the kydex that fits over the stock pushes my face away from the stock. Then you have to lean your face over the top of the stock to see through the scope.
At least half of all the animals I have shot over the years have been off hand. And it works better if when you mount the rifle you're naturally lined up.
I know it sounds picky, but that's what works for me.

This Manners stock looks more traditional than most with an adjustable comb.

IMG_3091.png

IMG_2346.png
IMG_2347.png
IMG_2348.png
IMG_2349.png
Here's an option

Your next option is to build up the comb with a lightweight wood filler epoxy, sand to desired height and shape and repaint.

Your gun sounds like mine. I put a McMillan on my Vanguard/Howa 7 mag that has a nice Monte Carlo style cheek rise that doesn't look like a target stock. Still has the classic "hunting rifle" look. Solid 8 out of 10

I have also built kydex cheek risers with stainless screws and knurled knobs to adjust height. That works well on certain guns. I apply the sticky foam cheek pieces attached to the kydex and I like it. It gives some grip to a slippery surface. 9 out of 10, would recommend. There is a trick to drilling a perfectly straight hole through a gunstock. I'll gladly share with someone if they are interested.

I have tried the strap on cheek piece from Blackhawk! and I understand what you are talking about pushing your face off line. Mine works, but you have to adapt to it. My 45-70 requires a lot of rise, so it's kind of necessary to use it with small foam strips to make it high enough, 7 out of 10.

View attachment 517870View attachment 517871View attachment 517872View attachment 517873Here's an option

I have one on my 6.5 CM since 2018 and works

Stockdoc has done several Loggerhead installations on fiberglass stocks. Manners no longer builds Howa stocks unfortunately. McMillian has several models for Howa with a cheek riser.