Add on cheek riser?

USMCSSGT

What have any of you used to build up the cheek piece of your stock to get that "perfect" fit.

I have a B&C medalist under my Tikka T3. Just want a little more height

I have a HS Precision stock and installed the cheek piece by Defensive Edge. Works great!!

Here's what I did. A little unorthodox but feels really good, especially when its cold out there.:)

Velcro allows for flipping over and removing the spacer for bolt removal and cleaning.

Also, it seems its a bit of a conversation piece.:D:D

Chap leather is on my other rifles. This one needed to "stick out" from the crowd a bit.:D

Spacer made out of whatever you wish.This spacer is two ply of heavy harness leather shaped for the stock and my cheek. On this big recoil rig the spacer needs to be Gorilla glued to the leather.:)

DIY and dirt cheep. Plus is fit and formed exactly for the shooter.

Attachments

• Cowhide cheek rest.jpg
    Cowhide cheek rest.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 128
Very nice Roy.

I may use your Idea on my AR Hog rifle (ARs dont fit me very well).

I have some ostrich leather that is very soft and should work well.

Does that thing have any ticks? Just kidding !!!

J E CUSTOM

Roy,
This may be an incredibly stupid question, but why do you have a swivel stud on the top of your stock? I figure it must serve a purpose, but I honestly don't ever recall seeing anything like that before.

Roy,
This may be an incredibly stupid question, but why do you have a swivel stud on the top of your stock? I figure it must serve a purpose, but I honestly don't ever recall seeing anything like that before.

Not a stupid question by any means. I come up with some off the wall things.:rolleyes: But they work in the field.

Its part of the carry system. Pretty much self designed. Notice the sling stud on the bipod. There is one on both sides. The bipod is constantly attached and the sling is out of the way for a rushed prone shot if necessary.

These heavy rigs are way more than a single shoulder can stand for very long. Thus this innovation.

I carry across my shoulder with the gun in front. Quite nice I'd say...

Kind of Hollywoody but functional.

Roy, if you don't mind me asking, where in Idaho? I'm gunna feel bad if I drove by and never looked you up....very nice by the way, scenery,gun and I'm guessin the gun was used to collect its own cheek piece?

royinidaho said:
Blackfoot

Your kidding right? I used to haul taters outa Blackfoot....didn't pass you last week but was close...I will put you on my list of nw contacts with Jeff...

Yup! Ol' Dirty Foot Ideehoe...... Spuds and shooters is all we gots.

Give me a holler and a little warning and we'll thump some LR rocks or somethin'.

Your kidding right? I used to haul taters outa Blackfoot....didn't pass you last week but was close...I will put you on my list of nw contacts with Jeff...

royinidaho said:
Yup! Ol' Dirty Foot Ideehoe...... Spuds and shooters is all we gots.

Give me a holler and a little warning and we'll thump some LR rocks or somethin'.

Will do...I'm.workin on makin my top bunk in my semi a gun safe so I can tote my wsm and my 17hmr with me....

Eagle stock pack.Can shim under if needed,I did not.Holds range card,mildot master and a few shells if you want

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.