7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

I have 1-10 twist in my STW got a good load worked up with IMR 7828 and 140 accubond but I going to try some 162 gr SST and see if I get as good of groups with them
The SST's will be extremely explosive at STW velocities at under 500yds.

You'd be much happier with the results on game with the Interlock or Interbond or even the Nosler Accubonds.

I had no idea this site was here till i stumbled across it looking for 200 grain in .284 for my 7STW. I use it extensively as my main hunting weapon here in Alaska, i have a Winchester mod 70 7mm-stw I bought it new in 1999. an it went to the smith that afternoon for set up. minor in letting, trigger job, recoil pad (decelerator), bases( Wran), rings (Burris) Z- rings all steel one piece. w/ high tension screws. scope Zeiss 3x9 conquest Z-plex, Harris bi-pod, strap. Its name is, Thor's Hammer,

Attachments

• Phone 139.jpg
    Phone 139.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 17
  • alaska2 009.jpg
    alaska2 009.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 16
I had no idea this site was here till i stumbled across it looking for 200 grain in .284 for my 7STW. I use it extensively as my main hunting weapon here in Alaska, i have a Winchester mod 70 7mm-stw I bought it new in 1999. an it went to the smith that afternoon for set up. minor in letting, trigger job, recoil pad (decelerator), bases( Wran), rings (Burris) Z- rings all steel one piece. w/ high tension screws. scope Zeiss 3x9 conquest Z-plex, Harris bi-pod, strap. Its name is, Thor's Hammer,
Very nice and WELCOME to "The Brotherhood". Nice to see yet another guy smart enough to have a Mod 70 STW.

You aren't alone here as an Alaskan either, there are several others that frequent the site.

Help guys I just bought an stw didn't know brass had become so hard to find. I would like new brass prefer winchester but would consider any and all. Pm me if you have any to part with. Thanks David

Good luck brother.........good luck..............If hind sight was fore sight in 89 when I first got into this very fine caliber......................I would have bought 10,000 brass as soon as it came out..............I really do wish you luck..........PDgun)

Nosler brass is not hard to find. Try Midway USA or Sinclair. I think it's more uniform than Win or Remy brass but also a hell of a lot more expensive. Except... win and rem can only be found used - 2nd hand so you may not get any consistency. I have 25 new Nosler 7mm STW I would ship, NIB for $60. I have more than I need at the moment.