7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Ya, I am waiting for it to snow where I live, as I am told they have some troubles driving in it here :D. In Ohio we had the darn lake affect stuff.

And it likes to rain here, and snow in the mountains just east of us.

I can't wait either, maybe a spring bear hunt or something if possible.

New guy here. I feel like I stumbled upon paradise!! I'm an STW man and her specs are below. I think I successfully posted a pic in the photo thread.

7mm STW
Accurate Ordnance/Stiller Precision action with a Brux #5, 1:9 25" bbl
Timney trigger
XLR Element Chassis
AAC Titan TI

hey black, welcome to washington. sounds like you're out in my neck of the woods, I'm up in issaquah. If you really want to stretch that rifle out a bit there's a lot of good hunting and shooting over on the east side. Hunting on the wet side is decent as well but damned brushy. You can get some distance on clear cuts but once you get into un-forested areas visibility drops dramatically, there's no fires to clear out the underbrush so it can be difficult to see much past 50 yards. The bear hunting here, especially spring permit bear, can be epic. there's a lot of big bruins if you're willing to put in the time and walk a ways, plus a lot of public lands to choose from.

surfr716

I am about a half hour from you, I am in Maple Valley. I don't mind a good hike to hunt, just need to be in better shape for it.

Would like to find a good place to go and shoot, as I need to check everything from the trip from Ohio.

I inherited a Remington Model 700 in 7mm STW. It looks like VLS to me, but doesn't have any markings besides the caliber and Remington 700. Can anyone shed some light on this gun for me? Found the website trying to find out more info, you all have a great discussion about this caliber going, I've learned a lot poking around the posts. Thanks
7mmSTW_zps4516b140.jpg

I inherited a Remington 700 in 7mm STW. Very cool rifle, but I have no idea what it is. It's a heavy barrel laminate stock, with no palm swell. I've tried looking it up to see what model it is, that's how I found this site. I've learned quite a lot reading through the posts, you all have quite a brotherhood, very nice to see. Any help identifying this gun or giving me a value would be very helpful. I will try to post this pic correctly. Thanks
7mmSTW_zps4516b140.jpg

I inherited a Remington Model 700 in 7mm STW. It looks like VLS to me, but doesn't have any markings besides the caliber and Remington 700. Can anyone shed some light on this gun for me? Found the website trying to find out more info, you all have a great discussion about this caliber going, I've learned a lot poking around the posts. Thanks

Contact Remington with the serial number, and they can tell you everything you want to know about it.

Thanks, I did last week and I am awaiting a reply. Just found one on Gun Broker for sale, says it's a Sendero and only 500 were made. Very cool. Thanks for letting me intrude for a little bit, I'm gonna have to shoot this thing and see what you all are talking about.

Last edited:
Gunbroker adds are full of lies, except in the 16th century and other rare items, 500 was a typo, maybe 5000, more likely 50,000. Call Remington, that will be the only way yu will know. Don't believe Gunbroker, don't quote Gunbroker if you are trying to sell it either. n here, most will take you to bat, knowledge takes time to get. How's it shoot?

Remington just sent me an email stating that it's a Sendero made in 1997, it came out of the factory wearing the laminate stock. It was limited run non catalog gun made for one of their distributors. I have a couple of friends with Senderos but all of them are marked Sendero on the barrel with the HS stock on them, that's why this one was throwing me off. Glad to finally know exactly what it is. Haven't got to shoot it yet, I have several 264 win mags and the STW looks like it's big brother from what I've read on here. Luckily a good friend of mine shoots and loads for a 7mm STW and is going to work up some loads for this one. The only thing I had on it was the receipt my uncle had received, he bought it in Tulsa at the gun show in '01. I've had a affinity for non standard calibers since I was a kid, this looks like it will fit right in.

264wmkbob, you should have a keeper! Haven't heard of one 7STW not shooting well. Is that a 24 or 26 inch barrel? Stock is a very stable one and if you want to tweak things, a 700 is a good platform to work with. I don't shoot factory ammo so I can't help there. Looks like good glass on it. What is it?
Have fun and welcome !

It's a 26 inch barrel. Most of my other rifles are 700's so I was tickled that's the one my uncle gave me, he's the one who gave me my first 264. It's a Pentax 4x16, came on it when he purchased it as far as I know. I have a Trijicon 5X20 that is just begging to be mounted on it. (Luckily for me my brother in law thinks its the arrow and not the Indian and has more money than sense, his old stuff comes my way) Can't wait to work up some loads and see how it does on these bean field whitetails I hunt here in Missouri. Thanks