Who loves their 7mm STW?

I'm still trying to find a load for the 168 Berger's. I'm thinking 8133 or retumbo will be the ticket for powders I have.

I'm still trying to find a load for the 168 Berger's. I'm thinking 8133 or retumbo will be the ticket for powders I have.
My go to powders would be H1000 for consistency and RL33 for a little more gas.

Without looking back I can't right off the top of my head remember an RL26 load for that class bullet but you might find one on Alliant's or Berger's sites.

My go to powders would be H1000 for consistency and RL33 for a little more gas.

Without looking back I can't right off the top of my head remember an RL26 load for that class bullet but you might find one on Alliant's or Berger's sites.
I have a little bit of h1000 and a little more of 26

My Remington 700 factory 7mm STW Sendero goes to Southern Precision Rifles for a rebarrel and the bolt is going off to Dan in Alaska to get the primary extraction fixed. Fingers crossed its a shooter in its new form.

I have a little bit of h1000 and a little more of 26
H1000 has always been the most consistent powder, easiest to tune loads I know of for the STW for bullets between 140-180gr. RL33 is right behind it and tends to run 50-100fps faster all else being equal.

Mario shoots a lot of Retumbo but when I tried it I found it to be too dirty for my taste.

Dan with Accu-Tig in Fairbanks, AK
is going to fix the bolt handle so it will work.
Hmm, curious about what the problem is?

Usually it's just the way the 700 bolt face and extractor are designed, it's just a very poor system.

If you're going to have that kind of work done at all you might as well talk to him about about putting in a better extractor.

Are you talking about the problem where occasionally the handle just breaks off due to a **** poor soldering job at the factory or is it a timing issue?

I have long thought that a 400-475 grain .429 SPBT , SD .310-.369, would make a remarkable long-range bullet, and a DOA hunting bullet. I wish I had the funds to build one. While the .44 has long been know for its accuracy in a handgun, no one, to my knowledge, has ever built a long-range rifle on this caliber, unless there was something in the black-powder buffalo-gun era.

I have long thought that a 400-475 grain .429 SPBT , SD .310-.369, would make a remarkable long-range bullet, and a DOA hunting bullet. I wish I had the funds to build one. While the .44 has long been know for its accuracy in a handgun, no one, to my knowledge, has ever built a long-range rifle on this caliber, unless there was something in the black-powder buffalo-gun era.
Well it's bracketed pretty well by the .50BMG and .408 Cheytac both of which have insane BC's and SD's.

The reason you see so few people shooting those monsters as hunting rifles is they will pond you into the sand trying to carry one and even more when you pull the trigger.

There's no game animal on earth you can't take cleanly and quickly with the big cased 338's and .375's and those are still extremely heavy, expensive, prohibitively expensive for most people to shoot and come with a whole lot of blast and recoil; again, much more than most people are willing to tolerate.