7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

What about 375 H&H? Is it hard or possible to conform them to 7stw? I've seen some of that around.
It's very possible, but would be much easier to use .300 H&H, since it would only be a single-step of running them through the FL STW die, then fire-forming. After that, everything would be fine.

Using .375 H&H brass would require necking them down several times before you get to 7mm. You'd have to neck from .375 to .35, then to 8mm, then .308, then 7mm to properly neck them down.

It's very possible, but would be much easier to use .300 H&H, since it would only be a single-step of running them through the FL STW die, then fire-forming. After that, everything would be fine.

Using .375 H&H brass would require necking them down several times before you get to 7mm. You'd have to neck from .375 to .35, then to 8mm, then .308, then 7mm to properly neck them down.

2 steps is enough for 375 to 7stw.... you need to go to either 33cal or 30 cal. then down to 7mm, then fireform to blow out the shoulder... I've done a bunch of 375h@h to 7mmstw.... just set your dies so the shoulder position is correct, neck with a decent amount of lube, trim and fireform...

Yes it can be done, I looked into this earlier, you need an intermediary die like a 338 or 30 cal to full length size with then run it through the stw die. Apparently 8mm rem mag works great. I haven't tried it yet though so this is theoretical info from me but comes from sources that verify it's truth. There's also a really cool thread on this forum about making 300 h&h into 7 stw

I asked about the 375 because I seen Powder Valley had PRVI for $80 per 100. Just something to try If some brass was needed. Also bullets.com had Norma in 30 & 375, a little cheaper than Nosler. I think I'd just as soon spend more and get the Nosler.

Nosler brass is not hard to find. Try Midway USA or Sinclair. I think it's more uniform than Win or Remy brass but also a hell of a lot more expensive. Except... win and rem can only be found used - 2nd hand so you may not get any consistency. I have 25 new Nosler 7mm STW I would ship, NIB for $60. I have more than I need at the moment.
I will take your brass his was once fired and I never trust switching brass from gun to gun in a magnum. Need payment info.

I have a nice, barely used Weatherby Accumark in 7stw that I am no longer able to shoot. I have 192 rounds of factory ammo, and about 10 (+/-) once fired brass.

I would like this all to go to a good home for a fair price, and I thought this might be the best place to try.

Sanford02, sounds like a nice piece and good extras. But, you ought to also go to the for sale -rifles area in these forums. Lots of views there !

anyone ever try te new 175 gr nosler long range accu bond in there stw

I'm going to try them in my 7stw when the re-build gets finished, along with the 180 smk and 140 ab that I already have on the shelf. I went with a 8" twist to get enough spin on the 175grain+ bullets; I should be able to stabilize even the 200 grain offerings out there...

I have test loads with the 175g Nosler ABLR loaded ready for range day, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get out. I'm going with Retumbo and a Federal Magnum Match primer. My rifle really likes 175g Sierra GK and 180g Berger VLDs, So these should shoot as well. I want to give them a try as an alternative to Bergers as I have to load them way long to get them to shoot and as a result they make the rifle a single shot. Love Bergers, but a follow up shot is always possible when hunting elk.

Dan

I just love my 7mmstw. I was wondering how many rounds I could expect out of my nosler brass I'm at 2 reloads now? My load is 74.0 grs of 7828. Velocity = 3105 out of a 26" Hart.

Corey

I just love my 7mmstw. I was wondering how many rounds I could expect out of my nosler brass I'm at 2 reloads now? My load is 74.0 grs of 7828. Velocity = 3105 out of a 26" Hart.

Corey

Brass life here is inversely proportional to how hard you run the rifle. If you are over pressure you will only get a couple of shots before your pockets loosen and your brass is washed out. If you run the rifle at 60~62 Kpsi or less and have tight chamber dimensions (the biggest reason I opened up my rifle to start with is the chamber was long and it was eating brass in a few shots) you may well get ten shots or better on your brass. I had some reformed 375 brass for my first rifle in 7stw that were fired twice as 375's then necked down/ blown out and had another 6 or seven shots on them before the last barrel on my current rifle took them out.

By the way the new build is finished and she's already putting up 1/2 moa groups!!:) When the first group out of the pipe after sight in in .49 moa (at 200 yards (.98" group)) with a 180 sierra hpbt at 2900 fps you know you have a good pipe.

27" 8" twist shilen, timney lh trigger, lh trued m700 action, boyds prairie hunter stock (in pepper grey). Built by a local smith. I put the Elite 4000 6x24 back on top in Leupy mounts.