7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

We love Sendero SF's around here! Post up some pics of your rig in the picture thread. Welcome to the forum and to the Brotherhood.

Hopefully Lee and Ed can get you fixed up with some brass. I would give you some of my old brass, but I don't trust it being safe, b/c I've shot it more than 3-4 times (and didn't keep count, like an idiot), and I'd feel bad if I sent some to you and they cracked or broke. I recently had to buy some more myself, b/c of how unstable my old brass had become. If you look in the first post in the Picture thread, you will see a pic of what happened to one of my old brass. It almost broke in half and almost caused some serious issues with my gun. Keep a check over in the Reloading Components section in the For Sale section of the forum, and you might can find you some good deals on STW brass there, too.

Tell us more about your setup.

Hello fellas, i just got here and im excited to know others love the stw like i do. Mine is a sendero sf, ive not had any customization as yet. I am looking for brass if anyone knows of any please feel free to give me a yell. Thanks!

Welcome to the hood! :)

I have twin 7mm STWs Sendero SFs and absolutely love them. Mine are sort of customized (skim bedded, jewell triggers) and if I do my part both of them will do .25 MOA or less.

This is actually my second sendero in stw. Righy now its topped with a swarovski 2.5-12x56. Sitting on Harris bipods. She loves 140 grain bullets of every brand. Right now occasionally the groups are 3/4" at 300.

I recently acquired some handloads with Barnes. Im very curious to see the results. Im a ballistic tip nut myself. Especially after seeing the 2 inch hole thru a half inch thick plate of steel. Lol

Good Lord! It looked like it was made by a press. Ive never seen a bullet do that before.

In process of finishing up my stw. need to get scope for it. thinking on 3-12x56 conquest. would like a night force but price is a little high. going to shoot 168 bergers-78 gr 7828--smokes them out pretty good. hope it all works. jpgun)

I recently acquired some handloads with Barnes. Im very curious to see the results. Im a ballistic tip nut myself. Especially after seeing the 2 inch hole thru a half inch thick plate of steel. Lol

Good Lord! It looked like it was made by a press. Ive never seen a bullet do that before.

80 grains, I tried to reply to your comment earlier, but my computer wouldn't cooperate. First off, welcome to the Brotherhood. As far as the Sendero goes, you just can't go wrong with them. I presently own, and have owned them in not only the STW, but other calibers too, and they are really tough to beat.
As to using the 140 grain bullet, I'm right there with you too. Typical and readable velocity can be realized at 3400, without over stressing the chamber or brass. The STW is a fantastic round, and once you learn how to harness the energy, and enjoy the accuracy, you are hooked for life. And if you aren't careful, you may become a multi stw NUT. ( there are a few of those here, present company, included)
I too enjoy Nosler BT, CT, AB, and Partition. One of mine has a steady diet of 140 CT, and it loves them. Again, Welcome, and enjoy!

PS, don't know why it double replied, which included gunsmith2. Sorry gunsmith2!

80 ,I have killed more deer with Combined Technology(B/T With Lubalox) than any other Bullet I have hunted with they are and will always be awesome but I switched and 7stw did also to the Barnes Bullet ....I shot the 140 TSX's and I think he shot the 140 TTSX ......all Im saying is the results would be hard to beat in book

80 ,I have killed more deer with Combined Technology(B/T With Lubalox) than any other Bullet I have hunted with they are and will always be awesome but I switched and 7stw did also to the Barnes Bullet ....I shot the 140 TSX's and I think he shot the 140 TTSX ......all Im saying is the results would be hard to beat in book

This is directed to 80grains, but in addition to the Nosler line of bullets, I also have been working with the Barnes bullets as well. As Butterbean said, in addition to the TSX, and TTSX, I have fallen for the 145 LRX bullet. The BC is respectable at .486. Two of my rifles love them. My custom rifle launches them at 3440, withNO pressure signs. Some of the rules are a little different with a monolithic bullet, versus a cup and core bullet. But those things just flat out shoot in my guns. Give them a try !

7mm STW AI - Got the dies. Anybody got a reamer?

Just picked up a set of Hornady custom dies, still shrink wrapped, for the 7mm STW Ackley Improved. My cost $22. Retail is $140+. Felt pretty darned good about myself, until I discovered none of my typical reamer rental outfits carried a finish reamer in this caliber. Did find one manufacturer that will fabricate a reamer for $140 with a 6 week lead time. Was kinda/sorta hoping I'd find someone on here that has a 7mm STW AI reamer to rent. Let me know. Thanks.

Curious about the 7stw what is the heaviest bullet any of you have used and has anyone tried the 200gr uld rbbt wildcat or is it worth trying?
I haven't shot anything over 162gr's through any of mine.

Unless you have a 1:8 or 1:8.5 twist on a barrel I'm not sure how you'd get a bullet that long to stabilize. Not saying it isn't possible but I wonder what twist rate the MFG recommends and at what velocities.

Stability comes from rpm's. You generate rpm by a combination of twist rate and velocity.

Bob, Should we be posting in the new forum? I'm confused with this? Maybe start threads on subjects categories of the 7stw., bullets, scopes, pictures, etc.?
Not a bad scope to go with at all but for just a little more 12-15% you can get the IOR Valdada 4-14x50 or a good used VXII or Mark 4 in either 4.5-14 or 6-20x50.

Being patient sucks but my rule of thumb is to figure out what the absolute max you can afford to spend on glass is and then save a little more.

The best built rifle in the world is still just a very expensive club without good glass.

Hey guys, I do have a little to spare, maybe 2 50 lots, send me a PM if you run out. I called my guy and he is backordered or me, I'm going to see what price I can get on 5000. Maybe I'll do a group buy here. from what I've seen, remington is still the only volume maker and they do 1-2 special runs a year. I'll keep you posted.

Recent Posts