7mm STW Brotherhood - For those who shoot the 7mm Shooting Times Westerner

Hey guys, I do have a little to spare, maybe 2 50 lots, send me a PM if you run out. I called my guy and he is backordered or me, I'm going to see what price I can get on 5000. Maybe I'll do a group buy here. from what I've seen, remington is still the only volume maker and they do 1-2 special runs a year. I'll keep you posted.
Sounds great. I just sent you a money order for a fifty lot last week.
Looking forward to getting them.
I have not yet loaded for my STW, but from what I'm reading,3 to 4 reloads is what can be expected.Does that sound right?

Hey guys, I do have a little to spare, maybe 2 50 lots, send me a PM if you run out. I called my guy and he is backordered or me, I'm going to see what price I can get on 5000. Maybe I'll do a group buy here. from what I've seen, remington is still the only volume maker and they do 1-2 special runs a year. I'll keep you posted.
Just let us know. I'm pretty sure our little group here could take care of any "overages" in the order LOL.gun)

Sounds great. I just sent you a money order for a fifty lot last week.
Looking forward to getting them.
I have not yet loaded for my STW, but from what I'm reading,3 to 4 reloads is what can be expected.Does that sound right?

Md, the among if firings you may is really dependent on how much you beat them up when you fire them. If your chamber is tight, and the brass dosen't have to expand TOO much, you may get a little more. Also, if you are loading on the warm side, that too will tax your brass life. One thing that I do when I full length resize, or when I set up my resizer die, is to NOT bottom out the die on the shell holder. In fact, I usually end up with about .020 +-, gap. What this does, is not push the shoulder back, but it does keep it in check. Later on, you can set your die up as a bump die, if you don't know how to do it already. That REALLY gets more life from the cases, and you gain a little powder room, but not much. Most importantly, it takes the stress off of the area above the belt, by making it headspace on the shoulder, instead of the belt.
Remington necks usually last pretty well. The primer pockets are usually the first thing to go. It's all about PRESSURE.
You might get 5-6 firings I'd you don't load too hot, and set up your resizer just right.

Well guys, I just stepped into a mini goldmine yesterday! :D:D:D Don't want to brag too much, but part of that goldmine was 150pcs of brand new Remington 7mm STW brass. Ill do three lots of 50 so three guys can get some. I pm'd MDReloader first because he asked about the 40 I had listed in the marketplace that were already sold. So he gets first dibs. $50 for the brass, plus priority mail flat rate shipping (assuming it will fit in the small box or envelope) There is a possibility of 150 more brass if you guys want!

Well guys, I just stepped into a mini goldmine yesterday! :D:D:D Don't want to brag too much, but part of that goldmine was 150pcs of brand new Remington 7mm STW brass. Ill do three lots of 50 so three guys can get some. I pm'd MDReloader first because he asked about the 40 I had listed in the marketplace that were already sold. So he gets first dibs. $50 for the brass, plus priority mail flat rate shipping (assuming it will fit in the small box or envelope) There is a possibility of 150 more brass if you guys want!

Black sheep, that's a nice gesture to pass along, and help out other folks too. I too just stepped into a gold mine, as I stumbled into two bricks of 215 GM primers. A guy had actually traded them in for other goods in the gun shop that I do business with. I almost fell over. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time, I guess. Maybe after this next hurdle that is going on in the senate, things might start to straighten up. At my gunshop, that I go to, things come in spurts. Supplies show up, but they get gobbled up pretty quick as well.
Maybe Remington will have another run on STW brass again this spring, like they did last year!
Nice score on the brass, and again, a nice gesture too. That's why we are " the Brotherhood", huh?

Well, since you started it, I too got a brick of Fed 215gm's, as well as 2 bricks of small rifle primers for a buddy who loads 223's! I about fell over when I saw how many primers they had in stock, and I about wet myself when I saw the 215gm's!! $50 a brick isn't great, but it's not rape either! (although they did want $50 for a brick of 22's!!!!!) They also had the STW brass.
The brotherhood has helped me out a bunch, so yeah, that's what we are here for!!!:cool:

So now I have 9lbs of h1000, 4lbs of RL33, 1lb of RL25, 5 lbs of RL19, an opened lb of Retumbo, and an open lb of H380. Doing good on powder!
1300 215gm's, 300 WLR's for the 22-250 and probably 200 Rem 9 1/2m's.
100 Brand new Bertram 338 edge brass, and now I have to wait for Grit to finish that!!!
Now please guys, don't post your powder supplies, I don't want to lose a measuring contest!!!!!:rolleyes:

Well, since you started it, I too got a brick of Fed 215gm's, as well as 2 bricks of small rifle primers for a buddy who loads 223's! I about fell over when I saw how many primers they had in stock, and I about wet myself when I saw the 215gm's!! $50 a brick isn't great, but it's not rape either! (although they did want $50 for a brick of 22's!!!!!) They also had the STW brass.
The brotherhood has helped me out a bunch, so yeah, that's what we are here for!!!:cool:

So now I have 9lbs of h1000, 4lbs of RL33, 1lb of RL25, 5 lbs of RL19, an opened lb of Retumbo, and an open lb of H380. Doing good on powder!
100 Brand new Bertram 338 edge brass, and now I have to wait for Grit to finish that!!!
Now please guys, don't post your powder supplies, I don't want to lose a measuring contest!!!!!:rolleyes:

WOW, you did trip over a gold mine. Fifty bucks isn't bad for them at this point, I have seen them on GB for $80 bucks plus. I was fortunate enough to pay $38.95 for mine a brick. I paid near $50 for BR2's about a month ago. I was happy to just find them. Your powder stash sounds good. The H1000 really sounds good.
Now I'm looking for Norma brass in 300 HH, which is going to become 7 STW, also need 280, 308, and 300 win Mag. Notice I said Norma! :D

I've been able to source 7stw brass locally on occasion; I simply buy it when I see it. They don't always have it and were out the last few times I've been in the store.
As to powder, I'm going to have to stock up on rl25 a bit more as the stw has eaten up a bunch with the 250 rounds (with accubonds) I loaded this week and the 200 ballistic tips I'm loading when they get here, but I still have enough powder that I split it up to stay cool with the fire marshal.

The mini goldmine was the primers and the brass, I just recently acquired the rl33 and h1000 from thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com Mini goldmine there, because they had the rl33 and h1000 at the same time, so 1 hazmat fee!
I haven't tried the rl33 yet, as Grit has my edge for some work, and the bolt for my STW in for fluting. From what I hear it should work well in the STW and the 338 family. Looking forward to it.

Does anyone still need brass??? My usual source is dry but I may be able to get some at the more expensive place. It'd be about a buck a casing plus shipping if they still have some (They did today). I'll see what I can do for lots of 50 if there's interest. P.m. me if interested.
I'd rather keep it to lots of 50(brass) or more; but I don't know how much they have at present.

Recent Posts