7mm PRC

My 7# 350 rem mag is only 30 ft lb lol.
LOL! Below is my .270 AI with its current load.

1703370295663.png

Below is my .30 Gibbs with its current load. As you can see, the recoil is more, partly due to the rifle's weight.

1703370494320.png

The recoil would be much less if the .30 Gibbs is the same weight as the .270 AI. Weight is your friend when it comes to felt recoil. That's all I am trying to point out. 🤣

1703373014190.png

Thats correct however the claim is having the prc is getting velosities as the mag or stw hince real world info ,experience etc it seems to hype for gun sales
I know someone else already posted 'the bottom line' and they weren't wrong. I just wanted to say it again and take it another step, as I feel that many have taken to the sport of trashing new cartridges because they aren't a super duper amazing improvement of the the best case of a different cartridge. So, again, here is the deal- there are things that are known and proven to be contributors to accuracy, consistency, performance and efficiency. Those are not just words....there is deliberate design behind all of them. The 7 PRC is really just a compliment of most.of the known contributors to these factors. The shorter fatter case is known to be more efficient powder burn than longer and thinner. The long neck is proven to be an accuracy and consistency contributor and proven as such in many other extremely accurate comp cartridges, the diameter (7mm) is known to strike an excellent balance of weight and BC potential for med/heavy size big game. The twist rate, while maybe not exactly cartridge specific, really is cartridge specific as it was a chance to improve on all of the slower twist 7mm that have been out to date. So, the thought might to be take the time to appreciate what the firearms makers are doing for us as shooters with making things continually better, and stop spinning this like this just a marketing ploy to sell rifles and components. You should probably expect more of this kind of trend (development of cartridges that are only small variations on an existing cartridge), and we should embrace it. No one is forcing anyone to buy it, and if you don't want one, that is just fine. Think of how it helps the availability of components for your ' not so brand new' cartridge. I don't have any trouble finding everything I need for my 6.5x284s......more than the 6.5 PRC guys can say. For the record, I currently do not own a 7 PRC.....but maybe someday.

I know someone else already posted 'the bottom line' and they weren't wrong. I just wanted to say it again and take it another step, as I feel that many have taken to the sport of trashing new cartridges because they aren't a super duper amazing improvement of the the best case of a different cartridge. So, again, here is the deal- there are things that are known and proven to be contributors to accuracy, consistency, performance and efficiency. Those are not just words....there is deliberate design behind all of them. The 7 PRC is really just a compliment of most.of the known contributors to these factors. The shorter fatter case is known to be more efficient powder burn than longer and thinner. The long neck is proven to be an accuracy and consistency contributor and proven as such in many other extremely accurate comp cartridges, the diameter (7mm) is known to strike an excellent balance of weight and BC potential for med/heavy size big game. The twist rate, while maybe not exactly cartridge specific, really is cartridge specific as it was a chance to improve on all of the slower twist 7mm that have been out to date. So, the thought might to be take the time to appreciate what the firearms makers are doing for us as shooters with making things continually better, and stop spinning this like this just a marketing ploy to sell rifles and components. You should probably expect more of this kind of trend (development of cartridges that are only small variations on an existing cartridge), and we should embrace it. No one is forcing anyone to buy it, and if you don't want one, that is just fine. Think of how it helps the availability of components for your ' not so brand new' cartridge. I don't have any trouble finding everything I need for my 6.5x284s......more than the 6.5 PRC guys can say. For the record, I currently do not own a 7 PRC.....but maybe someday.
EXACTLY !!! Take the example of the "needmoor", well yea its maybe 50-100 fps slower than the hand loaded 260rem but what other cartridge can you go to the store and buy ammo and a rifle that shoots as accurately without paying custom built prices. Many mundane details built into the design that enhance accuracy. Sure you could have a custom 260 built with a fast twist barrel and hand load and be as accurate and a little faster than the "needmoor" but not everyone wants that expense and bother. Also hype around a new cartridge has been with us way before most of us were born, the 270 being a perfect example.

Haha. We've all seen them. You don't need a creed we have the 260. Your just a bunch of mindless sheep falling for a marketing ploy. We don't need a 7 prc. We have a 7 mag. Blah blah. Maybe you guys are just closed minded. Maybe your not as smart as you think. Merry Christmas!

There are posts on other forums stating that the Hornady 7mm 175 ELD-X is not preforming on game... either blows up on the surface or drills clean through the critter. Any of you guys experience that? DD62

EXACTLY !!! Take the example of the "needmoor", well yea its maybe 50-100 fps slower than the hand loaded 260rem but what other cartridge can you go to the store and buy ammo and a rifle that shoots as accurately without paying custom built prices. Many mundane details built into the design that enhance accuracy. Sure you could have a custom 260 built with a fast twist barrel and hand load and be as accurate and a little faster than the "needmoor" but not everyone wants that expense and bother. Also hype around a new cartridge has been with us way before most of us were born, the 270 being a perfect example.
I just posted a similarly stated diatribe on another thread on this forum. Wish I'd have seen yours first; could've just linked to it.

There are posts on other forums stating that the Hornady 7mm 175 ELD-X is not preforming on game... either blows up on the surface or drills clean through the critter. Any of you guys experience that? DD62
Factory 175 ELDX at 319 yds. One shot.Trotted 20 yards and dead.

Attachments

• IMG_6404.jpeg
    IMG_6404.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 43
I have seen some hornady that is not good the 277 caliber and the 264 caliber have been coming out oversized with the ELDX bullet. Saw them at my gunsmith shop. The bullets were painted with red ink upon chambering them. The rifle would knock the ink off and not chamber the bullet at all. I've found Nosler and Berger to be my got to for reloading

Last edited:
I killed a small bull this year with175 EDL-X factory load at about 80-100 yards. As soon as I pulled the trigger all I saw was feet in the air. That being said, the elk was down right where it was standing. When I was gutting, I found that the bullet had hit the spine, but did not go all the way through. It had stopped right at the spine. The bullet was nowhere to be found, with the damage stopping right at spine. All I found when I was skinning was one small piece of copper and a flake of lead. If I had know thats all I would find, I would have dug through the gut pile looking for pieces of bullet. I will not be hunting with EDL-X again.

Attachments

• IMG_2243.JPG
    IMG_2243.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 31
Well…that's fairly short range and it sounds like it worked. I wouldn't have any issue with that performance.
Any bullet works if you are going to shoot an animal in the spine. What we are looking for in a hunting bullet is both reliable penetration and reliable expansion.