7mm PRC is here. SAAMI specs out

So basically a non-belted 7mm magnum ? Similar to the 300WM/300PRC comparison.
I'm not going to knock Hornady over this but the 7LRM beat them by a decade and gives equal or better performance.

I'd rather go with the full sized 375Rug case and blow it out a bit to maximize powder capacity than either so that's probably the direction I'll be heading.

They seem to be catering solely to the PRC competition shooters with all of their new offerings which is fine but some of us just like a little more gas.

Some more info. I wouldn't imagine Hornady is going to start turning out an significant amounts of 7mm PRC ammo at least before spring/summer 2023 so it shouldn't be eating into the 6.5 or 300 PRC ammo production for this fall.

i would be shocked if anybody serious shot s 7mm prc in prs. It doesn't fit what wins in prs at all.

Hell 6.5 prc is too much recoil to make it useful in anything but ELR prs matches out in the windy states

I was interested in it at first as tbh my 300prc is more than I need for whitetail here and with young ones I'm probably not going out west for elk for a few years, but I think I'll just have a 6.5prc barrel spun up instead. I'm getting tired of useless recoil.

I'm not going to knock Hornady over this but the 7LRM beat them by a decade and gives equal or better performance.

I'd rather go with the full sized 375Rug case and blow it out a bit to maximize powder capacity than either so that's probably the direction I'll be heading.

They seem to be catering solely to the PRC competition shooters with all of their new offerings which is fine but some of us just like a little more gas.
I think the catering is also to the non- reloaders.

549B6412-184C-446D-B3D3-E20461D1C81F.jpeg

Cases sticking ? could you expand on this ?
RCC brass issue or Hornady 7mm PRC issue, I've only seen one fellow south of the border shooting the new 7mm PRC
He is referring to the other prc cases that generally start getting clickers by the second or third reload because of an improperly designed chamber, the dies can't size them down enough. There are alot of Alex Wheeler prc's around (and a couple others I'm sure) that redesigned the chamber slightly to what it should have been to relieve this issue.

He is referring to the other prc cases that generally start getting clickers by the second or third reload because of an improperly designed chamber, the dies can't size them down enough. There are alot of Alex Wheeler prc's around (and a couple others I'm sure) that redesigned the chamber slightly to what it should have been to relieve this issue.
Thank you