7mm PRC is here. SAAMI specs out

At least you know Hornady will make it eventually. Something close to that only exists in the 28 Nosler with 185 RDF's at guess what velocity... 2950. Nothing else exists in that range in any other round.

You guys always act like if a new round isn't faster than everything else than it's worthless. You have to remember that the vast majority of hunters and shooters don't build custom rifles and reload. To those people it doesn't matter if you can spend 4 grand on a custom rifle with a fast twist barrel and Wyatt's bottom metal so you can get peak performance out of a 7mm Remington, they will go get a Tikka in 7prc and a box of ammo off the shelf and get ~95% of what our customs get.
Well stated IMHO; just procured a t3x superlite 7r-m myself with the idea of of possible future barrel swap to 7PRC (depending on how available brass becomes—forced to reduce recoil in my old age!!). Meanwhile exploit 7 r-m capability in Tikka magazine.

6yxjmm.jpg

I have been chambering these for a few months. Its a good hunting round. Furman did a good video on long range only. Its a step up from the saum. You wont see it in BR or F-class. At least you wont see it winning. That is not what is meant for. I think its a good option in the 7 saum-7 mag range. What Hornady is doing with the PRC line is giving guys a saami spec much closer to what a custom smith would spec out for a reamer. So your average guy thats not a "gun guy" can now have a better design. Whether he knows it or not. Good for them.

I have been chambering these for a few months. Its a good hunting round. Furman did a good video on long range only. Its a step up from the saum. You wont see it in BR or F-class. At least you wont see it winning. That is not what is meant for. I think its a good option in the 7 saum-7 mag range. What Hornady is doing with the PRC line is giving guys a saami spec much closer to what a custom smith would spec out for a reamer. So your average guy thats not a "gun guy" can now have a better design. Whether he knows it or not. Good for them.
Thank you nice to hear some positive insight to this great new offering.

From your observations of the chamber specs vs. dies, is this PRC design going to be like the others, where they can begin to have clickers after a couple loads, or did they remedy that issue with this one?

I don't know the first thing about chambering so this might be a dumb question. Can a finish reamer based on your (AW's) specs be run into a Proof pre-fit to avert the clicker issue?
Yes, a lot have done it with the 6.5 & 300 PRC. The 7mm PRC won't be any different. The reamer will just open up where it is tight.