7 RUM or 28 Nosler?

I just bought a new 2015 Camaro ss Saturday... :D
I'm not impressed with some of the issues other makes are having lately...:rolleyes: Transmission issues on trucks and issues with turbo motors turn me off on Ford for now; I do have one Ford and will buy another, but not this year.

I might have bought a Hellcat, but they are scarce as brass for a wssm around here and I think the Dodge offerings are a bit rough and out of date anyway. I did, however, try a srt Challenger and found it to be decent with the 6 speed manual. Too bad my wife isn't really comfortable with a manual trans. and I won't buy a Dodge with an auto trans.. I do have a Durango, but it's a winter and hunting season ride, with plowing through anything being the name of the game, not how fast or refined it is.

In the end, you make your choice and either live with it, or adapt it to meet your real world needs...:) My Camaro will likely get some upgrades, but I'll finish paying for it first and give the car a bit of time for its deficiencies to foment before I shake out my wallet for it...

My condolences... I am a big fan of Chevy, 1st Gen Camaros, and the LS motors, but absolutely hate the 2010+ Camaros. JMO.

My condolences... I am a big fan of Chevy, 1st Gen Camaros, and the LS motors, but absolutely hate the 2010+ Camaros. JMO.

Give one a try; it'll grow on you... I was thinking/planning of buying a Chevy SS (the one built by Holden division for Chevy down in OZ), but a deal popped up on this car and I test drove the thing. I was impressed to the point I bought the dang thing. I didn't really like the looks until the re-design in the last year or so... I wouldn't likely have bought one of those cars.

Give one a try; it'll grow on you... I was thinking/planning of buying a Chevy SS (the one built by Holden division for Chevy down in OZ), but a deal popped up on this car and I test drove the thing. I was impressed to the point I bought the dang thing. I didn't really like the looks until the re-design in the last year or so... I wouldn't likely have bought one of those cars.

I did back in 2012, and it did not. This was not long before I bought my new 2013 Mustang GT Track Pack...And I'm not really a Ford person, if that tells you how the new Mustangs stack-up. :D

But I traded that off earlier this year for another (practical) truck, since my Cummins was not practical at all.

My 26 Nosler is still faster than either of your cars.gun)
Oh well... I'll stick with my 4.6l 2007 Sport Trac LTD... It aint much, but for what she is, there is some snort there.

The way I look at is, if your going to build a barrel burner to push 195 bergers, do it right and go with a 7 RUM with a long tube. The others just won't keep up (no replacement for displacement)!

28 Nosler. More room in the mag for the heavy bullets vs the rum and the stw. Less over bore than the rum. No belt. I'm gathering parts for one now. Defiance action, bartlien 8 or 8.5 twist haven't decided yet and a manners stock are on my list.

morning, the manufactures of the brass have the final say.

the 7rum, 28nos. and 7stw and the 7wsm r at the mercy of the brass makers

time will remove these calibers. the money is in off the shelf ammo. reloading

supplies r slowing disappearing .

my favorite is the 7stw, i do not own one only because of the shortage of brass.

food for thought take 7rem. mag. make it the 7mmAI mag. I think this us called a

mashburn. u will have the best of all 7mm's world. plenty of brass available. plenty

of performance.

Laugh I am building a 7mm wbee, 28" hart barrel. fully smithed

plenty of brass.

fellow reloaders it is about MONEY. we all have favorites, I sold my 2RUM,s

2 6mm's. I still have favorites

5-223
2-308
5-77V's 22-250,22-250AI,243,220swift,25-06 and 308
4-Wbee's
6mmAI
2-257's
243AI

amazing the vintage 220 swift is still around brass is scarce.

food for thoughtlightbulb

I respectfully disagree... The STW will not die out any faster than the 7mm Wby will...Both calibers are expensive and harder to find brass for, and both have their "cult" followings and appeal mainly to a very niche' market. The STW has been declared "dead" on numerous occasions since the 80's, but yet, it still seems to survive and come back stronger each time. Using Google makes finding stuff a lot easier these days. Not to mention my local store keeps Nosler STW brass in stock, so even if supplies run dry online, I can most-likely walk in there and pickup several boxes.

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 7mm STW Box of 25

Nosler Custom Reloading Brass 8mm Remington Mag Box of 25

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.