6 5 prc, 270win, 284win

I was mistaken, this the the thread I had read earlier about a 7MM PRC.
It is only a thought, and not a SAMMI approved product.
I am certain I had read more details about this cartridge, but searches produce no such information.
I am sorry for the confusion.

Did not know for the 7mm prc, if some could post about it it would be apreciated
It remains unconfirmed. There's been no notice posted or announcements by either SAAMI or Hornady about the 7PRC.

A 7mm-300PRC would be a really great introduction to the market but if they just go off of the 6.5PRC case it's not really going to add anything new.

I was mistaken, this the the thread I had read earlier about a 7MM PRC.
It is only a thought, and not a SAMMI approved product.
I am certain I had read more details about this cartridge, but searches produce no such information.
I am sorry for the confusion.
No problem, the idea of a 7mm prc sound good, Im fan of 7mm round as I Come to know more about long range shooting

The 270 shoots bullets only .007 narrower than the 7-08 using higher BC bullets going faster than the 7-08 for every weight projectile. Tell me how the 7-08 is that much better? Oh and the 270 is just as accurate as any other rifle. Attached target 11of 13 shots under 1 MOA at 1000 yards and 10 under .75 MOA and that's just some loads I slapped together for fun.
270is a good hunting cartridge but unlike most cartridges in that category was not developed with target shooting in mind and has never won a major national competition. It is the most overrated and lied about cartridge there is. Funny how many guys outshoot national records for fun in their back yard.

If i didn't already own a 7mm rem mag, and was looking into the new caliber hype, id buy a 6.5 prc.

Well.... I own a 6.5 PRC and I DID buy a 7m Mag.

Why the heck did I drop the Franklins on a 7 Mag when I own a PRC?

Cause 6.5 PRC ammo can't be found... and worse.... no brass. What ever company developed this load and can't deliver should be horse-whipped. Turds...

I can buy factory 7 Mag ammo all day long and as much brass as I want and bullets all day long.

So I dropped a grand on an economy bench gun and glass to shoot 180g ELD's....at 2k.

Anyone want to buy a PRC?

Cause 6.5 PRC ammo can't be found... and worse.... no brass. What ever company developed this load and can't deliver should be horse-whipped. Turds...

I can buy factory 7 Mag ammo all day long and as much brass as I want and bullets all day long.

So I dropped a grand on an economy bench gun and glass to shoot 180g ELD's....at 2k.

A little patience would have saved you at least a grand. 😅

Our local supplier sold 3000 Lapua 6.5 PRC cases in 2.5 days all locally and none of it was listed on the internet.

Already sold mine. I don't shoot 1000 yds enough to need a 6.5 PRC. I'm a hunter primarily and target shooter second. I have a ton of overlap with my 25-06, 260 Rem, 270 win, 270 wsm, 280 AI, 7mag, 308, 30-06 and 300 win and Weatherby mag. So, the 6.5 PRC went bye bye. Got me a week long hunting trip with my kids so I was happy with the trade. And I don't miss it one bit.

Last edited: