6 5 prc, 270win, 284win

284wins

Hi everyone, what will be your caliber if you have to choose one among these: 6.5prc, 270win, 284win, 7mm rem mag and 7mm08.

Got into a talk with friend of mine and whant to see what other shooter think.

Shoot will be about 600yrds max, might go longer on Steel but not on game

Looks like you favor the 7 mm's, and that's fine,but which ones are the easiest to feed? . My picks would be 270,7mag, flip a coin between the 708 & 284, 6.5 last . Out of the 5 choices I own 3 , but it's your choice,so I'll tag along,make sure to tell us your choice!,Cheers.

I own the 3 7mm in this text, but always looking for calibre, use to have a 270 and sold it but I regret it... might got into yhe 6.5 stuff but will see

Own 4 varieties of 7mms two STWs one 7mag, and one 708 .270's presently 3 and the 4 th is a 270 WSM . The 270 is Ledgend and I'm talking 270WCF , sorry you sold the one you had but you can always come back home . Tell you another tip the 270WSM ain't scared of the 7mag , Cheers ,be happy Please yourself that's what matters.

Ok , I don't have any of these calibers , i shoot .30 calibers , only because that's what I started out with.

But if I had to pick one , it's the 6.5 PRC , Mauser ,model , M18, with terminator muzzle break and leupold HD scope, with one of those dials on top .

.270Win is perfect for designated need. Ammo, brass, components still more available than most cartridges. Factory rifles, pick 24" barrels, custom 1:8 tw opens up another realm. I would go 7-08 close second. Both are one of the easier cartridges to get decent hunting accuracy.

I think in today's component shortage, picking a cartridge that has "better" availability of components needs to be heavily considered.

I like the 6.5PRC but everything from die issues to brass scarcity would keep me from putting one in safe. No components = true safe queen.