6.5 Creedmoor or 25-06 for Deer

factory rifle factory ammo you cant beat the creedmore custom and reloads. high velocity 25 cal with hammer bullets would be something to see

Lock them up!! Lock them up!! Lock them up!! I hate to admit that I was a Democrat before the primaries, I changed to Republican so I could vote for Trump. I wasn't always for Trump but, I would have put someone in the white house from off of the street that I didn't know before putting Hillary in there knowing her too well!! He is a very smart man, but he doesn't use common sense before he talks or tweets most of the time. He gets himself into trouble. He can't talk to the public like he was talking to one of the guys. And the Democrats and most of the media are turning everything he says around and just waiting to pick his bones like a bunch of buzzards. Sorry to get of the gun issue. Good luck hunting and be safe.

At the end of the day this is kind of a moot point as far as deer hunting is concerned, unless you are really trying to reach way out there. To me, these are both 500 yard hunting cartridges, and either will kill any Deer out there at that range.

I've killed many animals from big bodied Muley bucks to Cow Elk with a 257 Roy, using various bullets from 100 gr Nosler BT at 3780, to 115 TSX at 3450, they are all dead. I also killed the biggest bodied Buck I've ever seen with a 6.5 CM and a 123 Amax, neck shot=DRT.

Pick whichever you like, and have some fun finding that magic load!

Or buy both like I did and like them both for diffrent things.

No Roy for me, I do like accurate rifles though. F-Roy.

Man you don't know what your missing. I'll tell you I have so many diffrent cartridges and I know some are better suited than my .257 but man I allows go back and love that round. It just is so impressive when it hits something. The speed is really something to see on deer and pigs.

Man you don't know what your missing. I'll tell you I have so many diffrent cartridges and I know some are better suited than my .257 but man I allows go back and love that round. It just is so impressive when it hits something. The speed is really something to see on deer and pigs.
When my Accumark .257 Wby still shot right, it was one of my favorite deer cartridges. For whitetails out to 500-600 yards, it killed with no problems. Only issue I ever had was a 110 Accubond failing to expand from zero bone contact (literally went between 2 ribs on entrance, AND on the exit) on a doe around 100 yards out. But from the intense velocity, her lungs still looked like slushy when we cut her open. My buddy who now owns the processor, said in 20+ years of working there, he'd never seen anything like that, or that lucky. Looking back, I guess that evening I should have drove over to GA and bought me a lottery ticket. LOL

I will say this, in all seriousness, if you really love your .257 Wby, build you a 26" varmint/sendero contour .25-06 AI 40º as well. It will blow you mind how much softer and smoother shooting it will be compared to the .257 Wby. Less recoil, less muzzle blast, less muzzle jump, too. I used to shoot and chrono both of mine side-by-side at the range, and for only being about 75-85 fps slower, you would never guess how much softer that .25-06 AI shoots.

Saw them piling up on the ice in LA. also, unbelievable weather! Global warming at its best. You are smart staying in, very costly having to go to the body shop. Stay warm!, and thing cherry blossom time. Don't even want to shoot in this crap! May 2018 be a good one for you.

Lol you guys get a bit of snow and the world ends we get a few inches every night. Dec we got 6-8 every night.

Lol you guys get a bit of snow and the world ends we get a few inches every night. Dec we got 6-8 every night.
It ain't us we have to worry about, it's the other folks who already can't drive in GOOD conditions...Especially when you throw in a monkey wrench like 4-6" of snow and ice in Alabama. People tend to freak out.

You are between a rock and a hard place! My nephew just moved in late summer from LA., to Vermont. Now that's a big jump, from smelling fish year round to not being able to smell anything due to a constant cold since the end of September! He says its been snowing it seems every day some for the last two or three weeks. Not for me. I will stay in PA. I had another nephew that used to live in Michigan but he has moved to North Carolina. Good luck to all in 2018.