338 or 375 EnABELR or alternative cartridge for ELR hunting

That was 0 hits to the vitals. All well in front of the shoulder. An actual shot to the vitals would have that bear sliding down the hill within a minute.

But I like your style. Bigger is better for killing anything really lol.
Poor marksmanship followed by poor decisions. Pathetic.

Looking to do a custom build in either 338 or 375 which I plan on using 90% for hunting (likely off a tripod) and 10% for casually shooting steel at 1,500+ yards. Will be hunting a bit of elk but mainly brown bears, POW Island black bears (which tend to be big for black bears), and moose. It's the brown bear hunting every 4 or 5 years that's my main motivation, but it's also just an excuse to build an ELR rifle. However, I do not ever plan on doing ELR competitions with this gun. If anything, I would do PRS competitions with either my 6mm or 7mm builds.

I already have a rem 700 375 H&H for hunts where I need a light rifle and plan on taking a close shot. This new build will be what I would consider to be very extremely heaving for hunting purposes (both for increased accuracy and to soak up recoil) and I'm fine with that. I anticipate using it on hunts where I'll be hiking less strenuously / shooting from much further away than I would with my 375 H&H. I'm assuming it will weigh somewhere in the 12-15 lb. range, excluding the scope.

With all that said, I'll be going with a very heavy recoil caliber. I've never shot the 338 Norma / Norma Imp but I love the idea of each. I was very close to going with the 338 Norma, but after thinking about it I want a higher muzzle velocity for 300 gr bullets if I go with a 338. I really like the idea of the 338 EnABELR or even the 375 EnABELR, and while I'm not recoil sensitive, both seem like way overkill (and I'm not aware of ELR 375 bullets for hunting). I mentioned this would be a heavy build but I have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to rifle weight!

Any suggestions on something between the 338 Norma / Norma Imp (i'm assuming 2,700 fps MV with a 300 gr) and the 338 EnABELR (which claims 3,200 fps MV with a 300 gr)? 3,000 fps MV with a 300 gr is my goal. Is this just a matter of going with a light load with the EnABELR? Is anyone aware of an improved version of the 338 EnABELR to reduce case capacity / recoil / MV?

If anyone knows of a hunting bullet with a similar G7 to the Berger 379 gr or 407 gr, then I would gladly go with a 375 over a 338, assuming I can reduce the capacity / recoil of the 375 EnABELR. For reference, Applied Ballistics claims 2,900 fps MV for the 379 gr and 2,800 fps for the 407 gr. My goal would be to reduce case capacity / recoil resulting in a 100-200 fps MV reduction.

Lastly, I'm aware of the Cheytac but would prefer the EnABELR for a 338 or 375 if that's the only other alternative to get the desired MV unless there's something I'm not aware of that makes the Cheytac a far better option.
If you are seriously considering a 375 Enabler there will be an announcement at SHOT next month of a new Berger Hybrid. I've been shooting it out of an EnABLR with outstanding results.

I'm not sure if the 300 gr berger would do any good on a 10' Brown Bear I have no experience in that so far .
As with anything it's all about shot placement. I'm sure adding a Tubb's nose ring cut wouldn't hurt either.

I had a buddy kill a 10' brown bear with 195 grain SBD2 out of his 300 PRC on Kodiak. One shot is all it took.

Just my 2 cents, a heart shot with a 308 win beats a non vital hit with a 338 norma. A 300gr bullet at 3k fps is getting into flinch factor territory. There have been lots of bears taken with a 30-06, lots of bears hit multiple times with big bores. A hunting rifle with a 30" barrel is not going to maneuver well in brush and tree branches. Alders on Kodiak will give you a run for your money with a 20" barrel. Interior has some knarly birch and black spruce areas. Again just my 2 cents. Ak4lf