Comparative ELR Cartridge Matrix

ELR Researcher

I failed to post this when I first added to my site last Christmas (Christmas present to me).

Comparative ELR Cartridge Matrix (http://www.elr-resources.com/ELR%20Cartridges%20Matrix%2012252013.xls) - an Excel spreadsheet comparing three groups of cartridges - 338, 375, and greater than 375 caliber (tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet).

Beyond just "stat" data it includes JBM trajectory data as to when these various cartridges theoretically go subsonic. I used "published" velocity data (noting the sources). Some velocities may be over/under "reality". I also tried to use the same "type" projectile for the 338 and 375 - SMKs (using JBM's "Litz" data for the 338). Using SMK data sub-optimizes the subsonic distance but allows for a more "normalized" comparison. Using higher BC projectiles can extend subsonic by several hundred yards - just plug the alternate projectile into theJBM calculator (JBM link).

With the recent announcement of the Unlimited Range ShootersAssociation (URSA), I find this info particularly interesting - the highest levels of recognition will require some very stout hardware and loads and many shooters will be going subsonic to connect.

Thank you for adding data. Are the data completed or you will be adding new data when you gather more information on each cartridge?

Hi NF:

My intent was to provide stats - which presumably will not change (unless I have posted something in error) - and a bit of a baseline for understanding theoretical distance capabilities. At this point I am not actively looking for additional data. If someone finds other data - additional ELR cartridges and/or manufacturer published loads - they can plug them into the linked JBM calculator. If you have something you feel would be of interest, please e-mail me at webmaster at elr-resources.com.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.