300 VODKA

Highdrum : are you certain you had the hammer forged c272 brass with the ATB design in the cases you had issues with ? maybe you had the c260 conventional brass cases ?

This was forged c272 brass WITHOUT atb design, 300wsm. Out of 20 cases fired, I had one case rupture inside the extractor cut, and one split a neck first firing. This was with 64gr rl23 215 Bergers @ 2820 fps. I ran 65gr in norma brass for same speed.

I researched RCC's website and could find nothing about this ignition system. Also completed a generic Google search.

Is there an online source of information on this design feature of the RCC case?

they haven't really advertised the ATB design yet as it was in the testing phase, it works great in the 400 Warlord and other cartridges it was tested in

Sometimes my mind wanders when doing mindless tasks, like forming & neck turning brass ..

the K&M 358 cal expander and pilot showed up last night, just formed & neck turned 50 pcs of 350 Rem Mag cases out of 300 Win Mag Winchester brass, now digging through my bucket of range & gravel pit pick up brass and gonna get busy, lol

on left is 375 H&H, 264 Win Mag then 300 Win Mag

9F8D613E-1CB6-4ECA-85AC-28DD17761DE4.jpeg

A968D753-5EB1-4726-BA94-08DB2E41DC79.jpeg

Why? Simply because he want's to. With others coming out with new ammo to try to sell the public on these days so that the rifle manufacturers can cash in on another buying spree simply because the writers said nice things about it like the 6.5 Creedmore, only to find out that while was, and still is a superb for target shooting it really did not live up to doing the job in the hunting word. The plain old .270 WIN kicked the 6.5s butt every which way but loose between 100 and 500 yards and maybe out to 1000. Don't have ballistics data for the .270 beyond 500 to compare with. Now Federal has come out with the 6.5 Western which supposedly has great promise, but will it actually be better than the current crop of standard rifles and cartridges. Time will tell. Last but not least, I'm a Vodka person so why not have a firearm named Vodka? If you get the chance try Chinook Vodka distilled down in Monroe, WI. I find it superior to any vodka that I have ever had the opportunity to drink, and that includes the high class brands. OK now it's your turn. Let me know your thoughts.