300 SAUM to 300 WSM ?

Strick9

I have a plan set in motion at least in my head that is. I have been pondering the Sendero and the 700 p LTR and for weight and length reasons chosen the LTR, now I have to find one and the caliber is to be 300 saum.. here is the kicker I want it in 300 wsm a caliber that has won my heart and stopped the heart of several critters for me and is readily available in factory ammo.. Is this possible and if so , what type of cost for rechambering and how bout some references to a great smithy capable of match grading this rechamber...Many thanks..David

Last edited:
I heard the 300 SAUM is being dropped by Remington so I would not recommend that chambering. The 300 WSM is well estabilished and should be around for a long time unlike the SAUM.

As a custom rifle builder I would always recommend rebarreling to get the best bang for your buck, you will get much better results that way and if you true up the receiver in the process, you will really get a shooter.

Kirby Allen(50)

300 Wsm

Hey Kirby , thanks for the info. I was wanting to rechamber to 300 wsm for that very reason.. Any one out there have any suggestions or experience.. Kirby I sent you a pm actually two , the second by accident...Regards....

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts