300 PRC or 30 Sherman mag

I'm extremely new to reloading and even newer to Sherman cartridges, but what I have seen has impressed me. Just so I understand this correctly, you can take a 300 PRC cartridge straight from the box, throw it in your 30 Sherman, let it fly, and then you have a 30 Sherman case?

Yes. It becomes a fire formed 30 Sherman case.

Can't be any worse than the 7lb 338 Rum I was shooting with 265's and 93 grains of powder.
That wasn't much fun
Probably not. I have an 11# all up 338 rum pushing 300eh @ 2850 and it's a lot nicer to shoot than the norma/245 setup. I don't know why? Both rifles have the same 5 port beast brake. The norma is about 1.5# lighter, that's it.

I just wish the dies were made by redding .That is my only complaint. Lapua is going to be making 300 PRC brass this year also so that is a big plus for those who push to the limit.
You will get **** close to RUM velocity and 5 grains less +/-

Why not just have the guy who chambered it throat it out, takes 30 seconds and the correct throating reamer after chambering.
Mine was throated quite long to Rich Sherman specs which my overall (off the top of my head) is 3.8 but +P throat gradually increases (again I'm going off the top of my head I'm not giving it all the credit it's due) I'm supposedly going to pick up anywhere from 50 to 100 feet per second. we shall see. I guess it's a hybrid version of a weatherby throat