300 PRC or 30 Sherman mag

I know my last rum barrel was throated long for 230 burgers and at 92 grains over tumbo I was pumping them out at 3100 and my next barrel that I had plus be throated by defensive edge I got 3180 with 92.5 grains. I do know that it is a new barrel and a different barrel

How much improved is the SM over basic PRC ?
How much of that is increased volume, and how much is increased pressure ?
Case taper is cut in half, the shoulder gets blown out to 40° from saami 30°. The prc has little taper to begin with, there may be a 2-3gr increase. However what is happening, the geometry is altered to give the Sherman case the ability to run higher pressure without getting traditional pressure signs until much higher than normal.

Case taper is cut in half, the shoulder gets blown out to 40° from saami 30°. The prc has little taper to begin with, there may be a 2-3gr increase. However what is happening, the geometry is altered to give the Sherman case the ability to run higher pressure without getting traditional pressure signs until much higher than normal.

I'm glad you could explain that better than I could. I knew about half of that.

Took my 30SM out 1650 yards today shot 3x 3 dead rocks. My buddy has a 300 PRC and he was good to go 1200 with factory ammo. It took 3 factory rounds from him and shoot it at 200 yards all were touching. In a pinch I would say good to go. I will say after 2 years ago with my 300 RUM and berger 215 I hit a cow elk @1330 high shoulder dropped in her tracks lot of meat damage. I don't think a 230 berger out of my Sherman is going to be any nicer to the meat and I am a little afraid to see what would happen to a deer.

Thanks for explaining.

Took my 30SM out 1650 yards today shot 3x 3 dead rocks. My buddy has a 300 PRC and he was good to go 1200 with factory ammo. It took 3 factory rounds from him and shoot it at 200 yards all were touching. In a pinch I would say good to go. I will say after 2 years ago with my 300 RUM and berger 215 I hit a cow elk @1330 high shoulder dropped in her tracks lot of meat damage. I don't think a 230 berger out of my Sherman is going to be any nicer to the meat and I am a little afraid to see what would happen to a deer.
What velocities are you running your 30 SM with 215's and 230s?

How much faster jan your

30Sm 230 hyb 3075 haven't shot 215's enough to say fps would assume 31??
300 Rum 230 3125 and 215's at 3200
I will say I have 28-in barrels on both guns and that rum has always been hot to trot fast

Top third of the body right off the crease of the shoulder.I used to be a little bit more on the shoulder. I have never shot a small deer or an antelope with a bullet that big
where would you put the shot?

No that is retumbo. I love N570 just to hard to get and keep around. At one point I had 4 diff. Rifles running it and it dried up and Kaiser Sose on me again so I just quit using it amazingly fast velocities with N570